Post-Game Talk: Bread Truck Delivery

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I had a real soft spot for Kevin Klein. Dude showed up in all of the big games, played within himself, played with an edge. Just a really solid d-man
3DAADC99-A48F-4F47-B92B-56692370097F.jpeg

1713989921404.gif

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I had a real soft spot for Kevin Klein. Dude showed up in all of the big games, played within himself, played with an edge. Just a really solid d-man
And walked away from basically $3m when he felt he couldn't give 100% any more.

Still can't believe he had part of his ear sliced off in a game, had it stitched back together and kept playing. And scored the OT winner!

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

For sure. Really underrated and I think he would have been beloved had the more modern analytics existed when he played.

Nothing but love for Brass too. One of the few guys who was a true playoff performer during his time here not to mention he f***ing murdered the Penguins.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
We lost a few overtimes against the kings that could have gone our way. It wasn't that one sided of a series.
No, not at all. It was close. We had leads in three games we lost I think? The Rangers stopped going for it, the Kings occupied our zone, and we lost them all.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You low key have some of the best one liners on here.

This both brings me joy and makes me feel
old.

When Brassard first settled in here, it was kind of weird and a first-time experience having my favorite player only be four years older than me.

Before that, it was Jagr who was 78 at the time, and before that, I was a kid.

That he's going to be 37 in September just makes it depressing.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
When Brassard first settled in here, it was kind of weird and a first-time experience having my favorite player only be four years older than me.

I am the same age as Adam Graves. I have no sympathy for you.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019

Just wait until the guys you rooted for growing up start having sons playing in the league. It gets real, fast. Real fast.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
@HolyHagelin

Last night's game is what I'm looking for from Kreider.

His hustle led to 2 goals for (#2, he was the first guy engage on a board battle that they eventually won that led to the Zibanejad goal and #4 where the heat he put on McMichael - forced a bad pass that OV couldn't handle.)

He had a really rough final shift but so did everyone else out there aside from funny enough, Trouba.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
also Cuylle's little spear on Wilson was hilarious. he very much deserved the elbow he got afterwards though lmao

Who on the team has the balls to do that to Wilson(pun intended)? That's a rookie. Impressive.

I also love the fact that CUYLLE did it first. It’s gonna get chippy anyway. There is something psychological about being the aggressor vs the reactor. Nice role reversal.

Somehow you forgot to mention an important tidbit: per his own confession Wilson is his NHL benchmark that he models his game after.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If we go to the very end, Trouba and Lindgren got praised for how they defended and played with a ton of heart to get the win, but it was completely ignored that they had to because in the 15 attempts to clear the puck, they hit 0 clears. ZERO!
A. Shesterkin should have iced the puck when he had a chance.
B. The majority (not all) of fails to clear was on forwards, not Trouba and Lindgren.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The failed clears were infuriating. The longer you’re hemmed in the more tired you get, and the more tired you get the harder it becomes to clear the puck without icing it. So it’s a self-perpetuating problem of your own making. They should have just iced it and dealt with the ramifications.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'm starting to put more weight into what Vally says. He has us as a good team and we've won more games than 26 teams over the last three years. It's a sample that's becoming hard to deny.
Bruins, Panthers, Leafs, Canes, Knights and Stars?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Bruins, Panthers, Leafs, Canes, Knights and Stars?
I should have said 27.

Good guess, though. You had the Bruins, Panthers, and Hurricanes. You forgot one big one.

1) Bruins
2) Avalanche
3) Canes
4) Panthers
5) Rangers
6) Oilers
7) Maple Leafs
8) Stars
9) Lightning
10) Golden Knights

The Golden Knights had a year in there where they shockingly missed the playoffs.

Reactions: kovazub94

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I'm starting to put more weight into what Vally says. He has us as a good team and we've won more games than 26 teams over the last three years. It's a sample that's becoming hard to deny.
Calling this a good team doesn’t take a PhD. All the stats guys have this as a top-10 team. MoneyPuck gives the Rangers a 15.1% chance at winning the Cup right now. That’s crazy.

I still feel like The Athletic’s Stanley Cup checklist for the Rangers was very accurate. If we had the player Trouba was supposed to be we’d be set mostly. Our defense on paper is very eh to me. I think most of the other contenders have more than one really good defenseman. Demoting Trouba was a step in the right direction. Miller and Schneider are going to have to be exceptional for this team to win 16 playoff games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg