Post-Game Talk: Bread Truck Delivery

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Good teams find ways to win games they shouldn't.

Would anyone argue that Tampa was better than us in the first two games of the 2022 ECF? I don't think so, I think we played better. Tampa was the much better team though. They found a way to win.

This nonsense that we must dominate every minute of every game, against every team that is inferior, is just f***ing ridiculous.

It doesn't come off as having high standards. It comes off as whiny and entitled.
I leave a little room for 'traumatized' and 'bracing for disappointment' in my readings of the board after a game like this one.
I've talked about how I'm more zen in terms of results.

One way to get me not zen is the stick work we saw from the Caps last night. The Rangers might be idiots but nobody beats these idiots up except for me. I'll f***ing come down there.
Loving your Mama Bear Era

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
This is off-topic, but why are the Rangers NEVER in the NHL's "Your morning league news is here!" eblast? On the morning after they won the President's Trophy, nothing. After the game 2 win, nothing.

How can the league be so obviously anti-NYC and "get away with it"?
ny fans are going to click into and try and find and read the NYR news. other teams fans need it marketed to their eyeballs. i wouldn't take it personally

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
Through two games, I don't think a single team in the playoffs has been 100% dominant from start to finish. The Caps were going to make adjustments and the Rangers were going to have to adjust to those adjustments.

Like others have said, this team's super power is that (for better or worse) is that they play every game at a pace they are comfortable with. If they have to pour it on, they pour it on. If the game has a natural flow, they settle in to it.

I honestly don't need or frankly want them to try and buzzsaw the Capitals. You can tell they are still scarred by the ECF loss three years ago where they ran out of gas, and they've paced themselves accordingly this year - hence the presidents trophy.

I'm also not foolish enough to believe this team doesn't have flaws (Trouba's non existent lateral mobility, trouble defending rush chances and trailing forwards, turnovers off "cute" plays etc.) but I know better than to judge them based off of two games, one in which they were dominant.

You don't take any opponent lightly, but I think we can all see they are playing the game that is in front of them as opposed to Rod the Bod's "Our Kung Fu is stronger than your Kung Fu" mentality that leads to Carolina hitting the wall every year.

Reactions: CLW

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
I think when you watch the replay of this game it won't look like we barely beat them. During that last 1:38, in particular, when Igor could have froze the puck but kept it alive and passed it I said to myself as the Rangers were hitting bodies and flicking the puck around the boards that it seemed like they were toying with the caps.
Just watched the game now and after reading this whine fest of a thread I expected something completely different. The caps threw everything at the Rangers and got the benefit of some ridiculous officiating. And what happened?

The Rangers won, some run of the mill tight PO moments but nothing that looked like the Rangers were in trouble. WTF is wrong with some of you? If you got this bent in these good circumstances then it explains why the debbies fans are so deranged with their decade of failure.

Turn down the emotions and watch the game again if you need to - it'll help address some of the bizarre takes.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
The end of the game was tighter than I would have liked, but it wasn't in real jeopardy and you just felt they were going to win this game.

Not all are going to be masterpieces & everyone saying we'll get crushed by Carolina, they're up 2-0 but really should be down 2-0 or at worst 1-1. I don't know what the Islanders are doing, but they get a lead and then just turtle. It's their M.O and against a team like Carolina is a death knell.

I thought in the first game it was pretty even and game 2, they blew a 3-0 lead and had 5 players just out of the picture when Carolina was coming up the ice.....for the last 2 periods. No one knows what will happen, but my point is every team looks pretty mid so far.

Side note - Rempe was pretty awful last night. I don't really mind him playing because I like the idea of finding Vinny, Zib, Panarin, etc. extra shifts throughout the night and having that deterrent, but his skating is just not up to par and he ends up out of position way too frequently. He'll learn, but against Carolina or a faster team, he's going to be destroyed.

Every time Rempe hit the ice last night, Ovi was put on the ice at the same time. It hasn't paid dividends because Ovi looks completely shot and Washington is slow as f***, but that's going to be exposed if we move on and keep the same lineup.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
What I mean is now that the battle has turned full-bore UFC, how can Lavi leave Remp out of the line-up and then face the storm from the fans and the media?

The first and hundredth question would be “Coach, why are you inserting Brodzinski in place of Rempe ?”
There is no reason to sit Rempe and do you really think he gives a shit about the fans and media when making lineup decisions.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
What are the odds that two announcers on two different networks, positioned in two different spots, both think the Wilson deflection beat Shesty’s glove?

Reactions: yrrebbor

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Agreed about Oshie being a dirty, sneaky rat. However, he def got under Panarin's skin and when the refs didn't call anything on TJ, especially the high sticking, Panarin had to take things into his own hands. Panarin wasn't very effective last night because Oshie was in his head all game. If people don't see that, I don't know what to say.

Although it's great to see that type of a response from your star player, MVP candidate, I personally don't think Panarin should be engaging with Oshie. It should have been handled by someone...Rempe, that's why we have him. I would rather he take a penalty on a dirty hit to Oshie, sending a message that you don't even think of going near our top player, than that stupid penalty he took in the third period.

We can't have the Caps, who are clearly way overmatched in this series, take liberties on our top players without retribution, there's no excuse for it. So what if we take a penalty or two against them, especially at home. If we're afraid to take to take worthy penalties against this team for fear of losing to them, we're in deep, deep trouble!

I'm glad Panarin stood up for himself. I agree that Rempe can come in if things escalate, but seeing Panarin not take shit anymore is just as good. We were fortunate that Panarin didn't get penalized as those kinds of hits usually result in a major. But if Rempe got involved, they'd just penalize him for being the extra man and send the Caps on another power play. And maybe now Oshie will back off knowing Panarin will hit back.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I remember cheering for them against Vegas. This team has become really unlikeable. It's not just Wilson. It trickles down from their coach. I don't care to see us taking 5 penalties again.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
2149345253.jpg

HANG IT IN THE f***ING LOUVRE

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The end of the game was tighter than I would have liked, but it wasn't in real jeopardy and you just felt they were going to win this game.

Not all are going to be masterpieces & everyone saying we'll get crushed by Carolina, they're up 2-0 but really should be down 2-0 or at worst 1-1. I don't know what the Islanders are doing, but they get a lead and then just turtle. It's their M.O and against a team like Carolina is a death knell.

I thought in the first game it was pretty even and game 2, they blew a 3-0 lead and had 5 players just out of the picture when Carolina was coming up the ice.....for the last 2 periods. No one knows what will happen, but my point is every team looks pretty mid so far.

Side note - Rempe was pretty awful last night. I don't really mind him playing because I like the idea of finding Vinny, Zib, Panarin, etc. extra shifts throughout the night and having that deterrent, but his skating is just not up to par and he ends up out of position way too frequently. He'll learn, but against Carolina or a faster team, he's going to be destroyed.

Every time Rempe hit the ice last night, Ovi was put on the ice at the same time. It hasn't paid dividends because Ovi looks completely shot and Washington is slow as f***, but that's going to be exposed if we move on and keep the same lineup.
If we go to the very end, Trouba and Lindgren got praised for how they defended and played with a ton of heart to get the win, but it was completely ignored that they had to because in the 15 attempts to clear the puck, they hit 0 clears. ZERO!

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
If we go to the very end, Trouba and Lindgren got praised for how they defended and played with a ton of heart to get the win, but it was completely ignored that they had to because in the 15 attempts to clear the puck, they hit 0 clears. ZERO!
Yea that was disastrous, but otoh, they can basically do anything at the end of a game other than murder someone and no penalties will be called. That's Trouba's forte so I kinda get it.

AK 27

I shoot puck. Puck go in net. I score goal.
Apr 15, 2015
NYC
If they're gonna key in on Panarin, which they are, then good on the other guys for stepping up and producing. That's what's supposed to happen. Also, good on Peter Panarin for looking like a playoff competitor this year and getting tough.

Agreed that any playoff round is never an easy breezy task. These are NHL players. Every series is up and down. Having said that, the Craps and Isles are the 2 worst teams in the playoffs this year. Every other series looks like it could be a Stanley Cup Finals game. When I was watching the Bruins/Leafs all I thought was, "The Rangers can't deal with this kind of pace / hitting". Then again, you play to your opponent. Every series has a different flavor. You either dictate your game, play to your opponent's game or do a little of both. It tends to be the latter. The Rangers are good at adapting to their opponent. I'm still optimistic about what they can do in these playoffs.

Igor has been solid. A lot of the other teams are giving up way more goals. Then again, the Rangers are playing the Caps, who don't have much offensive firepower. Even Hellebuyck is giving up 5 goals per game at this point. My point is that Igor may be a huge key in how far the Rangers go, You don't HAVE to have a Hasek in net to win the Cup. We've seen that over the years. But it sure does help!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I love seeing chicanery used in a post. It is a wonderful word.
Yeah, it's a good one. Those are my college years rearing their head again.

I've always been one to believe that if you're going to win or lose, it's because of shots and goals at the end of the day, but I can't say I'm not enjoying our response. We've taken absolutely no shit in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad