3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
The more they hate us the more I love it, liberty taking time has come and gone, this team isn’t putting up with it anymore and neither should we as fans, I say revel in it

I’m perfectly fine playing the heel, heels are cooler anyway :cool:

IMG_0273.gif

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good teams find ways to win games they shouldn't.

Would anyone argue that Tampa was better than us in the first two games of the 2022 ECF? I don't think so, I think we played better. Tampa was the much better team though. They found a way to win.

This nonsense that we must dominate every minute of every game, against every team that is inferior, is just f***ing ridiculous.

It doesn't come off as having high standards. It comes off as whiny and entitled.

Going up 2–0 in a series and I have to read they played awful and sucked. It’s over the top. They will never play a perfect 60 mins, and some games they may struggle but will find ways to win. But as long as they get it done is what matters in the end.

I mean, if they were down 0-2 but they played awesome, would that make people feel better? :dunno:

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Caps have had a lead for like 3 minutes in 120 minutes of gameplay…. No need to criticize anything. They have a good coach who adjusted. They still can’t score more than 3 and that is a huge knock on that team and an issue that has plagued them all year.

LFG

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The more they hate us the more I love it, liberty taking time has come and gone, this team isn’t putting up with it anymore and neither should we as fans, I say revel in it

I’m perfectly fine playing the heel, heels are cooler anyway :cool:

View attachment 858767

The Caps really dont like it when you do to them what theyve done to us for a decade+. I love seeing their frustration with how overmatched they are.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Going up 2–0 in a series and I have to read they played awful and sucked. It’s over the top. They will never play a perfect 60 mins, and some games they may struggle but will find ways to win. But as long as they get it done is what matters in the end.

I mean, if they were down 0-2 but they played awesome, would that make people feel better? :dunno:
Honestly, it would. I think there are some people here who are more concerned with style than results.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If we played really poorly in both games I'd be a little grossed out, but we were great in game 1.

I expected a push last night. I thought we were gonna lose last night; I said it in the first period. That wasn't to criticize the team. I just thought Washington would bring their most.

My prediction for this series was that we would drop one at home but then go up 3-1. Do I think we'll sweep now? Not necessarily because the dynamic of the series has changed again, but we're in good shape.

We actually played great in game 2 last year. That went to hell almost immediately. One game means nothing.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
reading the caps board.. the extent to which they swear that if any capital had done what Panarin did there would be penalties and/or suspensions is bizarre.

Did they not see wilson hit zibanejad high hard and late twice in game 1? did they not see the footage of Oshie clamping and face washing panarin earlier in the game?
he was trying to bully panarin and got a hit he wasn't expecting. tom wilson fans of all people should understand that is fair play.

Reactions: Wtp99

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024

reading the caps board.. the extent to which they swear that if any capital had done what Panarin did there would be penalties and/or suspensions is bizarre.

Did they not see wilson hit zibanejad high hard and late twice in game 1? did they not see the footage of Oshie clamping and face washing panarin earlier in the game?
he was trying to bully panarin and got a hit he wasn't expecting. tom wilson fans of all people should understand that is fair play.
Caps employ scum like Wilson and Oshie, their fans really shouldn't say anything when it comes to hitting or anything really. You put guys like that on the ice, eventually someone is going to give it back to you.

Reactions: Wtp99

noncents

Feb 25, 2022

it is the exact same thing. neither called. where's the problem??

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Third period and the first halves of 1 and 2 were garbage

They're playing at half speed lately and I don't like it. Wake up. It's round 1. Washington is a bad team, there's no excuse for them to have control over a game like that (yes I know special teams didn't help here)

Loved Panarin's hit on Oshie. Couldn't give a f*** less if it was clean. Wish it hit him harder. f***ing rat. It's Panarin's Shane Churla moment.

This series is still probably over in 4 or 5 but for f***s sake boys lets get it moving. It should not have been close last night.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013

it is the exact same thing. neither called. where's the problem??

The puck was on Oshie’s stick when Panarin lined him up.

Vs

Puck was long gone from Mika’s stick when Wilson decided to hit him.

Caps fans and people like Greg Whyshynski and PK Subban are a bunch of babies.

We are actually going to care about what PK Subban, a master cheapshot artist, says about this hit?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
This was a perfect game. A win on our March to the cup yet looking out for the bitchy fans and giving them something to complain about for a couple of days.

Yeah they aren’t going to win them all 4-1.

To win a Cup you need to really be consistent in your game and making sound decisions as much as possible for 60 or more minutes.

I dont think they played super poorly, they got the job done and had some really nice individual efforts/contributions. They did enough to beat a Caps team that is obviously doing their best each period to hang on. I didnt think the goals the Caps scored were that bad of a breakdown on the Rangers part either. They got a bounce or two, but they made them with hard work, which is fine. You arent going to get a shutout every game or play perfect either, as you said. Theres another team busting their ass out there too.

However, my worry with this series is the Rangers playing down to the Capitals level and getting into some bad habits. They didnt manage the puck particularly well on a whole this game, gave pucks away under pressure but also made several unforced mental errors. Its not like the urgency wasnt there and they were physical and had a good response to the BS the Caps were trying to get away with. Its just lapses they need to tighten up.

A wins a win, for sure - but after watching thousands of games and hundreds of postseason games, I dont want to sugar coat a win where there were several things that need to be sharpened up. Its not to say it wont come around. They will need to be better if they want to build to 16 wins and theres nothing wrong with saying that.

The great thing is they are talented enough to get away with it at this point. But that wont be the case later on in the dance. Then it will be a problem. I have faith in the players and coaching staff and they know they need to be sharper. I dont think its a hot take around here.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
get some real refs for the rest of this series. washingtons game plan was to commit a penalty on literally every shift and dare the refs to make the call and the refs just refused to do so. idk how they missed so many high sticking calls. the guy with the puck is getting wacked in the face and somehow its not seen...
The refs in this series have been absolutely crooked.

It's an embarrassment.

Kreider getting slashed & crosschecked constantly in front & just PUSHES back & they call him for a cross check.

Disgraceful. It's like watching WWE wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad