• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
IMG_1486.jpg

Does this bozo think he’s our coach now?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I'll forgive Zibanejad's bad regular season if the Rangers play on and he turns into Patrice Bergeron on the way to a Cup.

Brodzinski should go in for Game 3 and Rempe out. He took a penalty in each game so far and cost them a goal tonight. The TMM penalty almost made me have a stroke.

Miller looks fantastic with Schneider. Keep these D pairs.
Not going to blame Rempe for poor officiating. Both of those calls were weak as shit. Give me a break. He also scored a goal last game. He should not come out especially with unhinged Wilson on the ice.

Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing was worse than Game 4 ECF against Montreal.
This is true but this game was really bad.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Tbh i can't really blame Rempe for either penalty he's taken. I genuinely don't know what the refs were thinking on either one, but they were very obviously not right

Reactions: Wtp99 and TheDirtyH

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
the charging was outrageous when he glided into the cap player with his feet on the ice.. maybe a board, but its the playoffs.... tonight johnason snaps his head back, a little weak, but i can see why the ref got fooled..

i think rempe on the road is different than rempe at home.. you gotta worry somewhat about capitals taking advantage of last change.. and the msg crowd loves him,but well that doesnt exist on the road.. i think you take him out for road games.. rangers have depth, why not use it?

Reactions: Ranger Wolf

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Tbh i can't really blame Rempe for either penalty he's taken. I genuinely don't know what the refs were thinking on either one, but they were very obviously not right
The refs just treat Rempe different than other player with all the attention he has received. Both of those calls were weak and would not have been called if it were another player. It's gotten ridiculous. It's also not going to change either, especially on the road.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
It's hard for people to comprehend because bratty Devils fans are living rent free with their comments.

The Rangers have won two games to start their playoffs and still haven't played anything close to their best. There are worse problems to have.

People want this and will never get it:

"Shots on goal were 122-1"
I'm not watching Islanders/Hurricanes highlights again.

My buddy's response to that (he's an Islanders fan)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't understand why some on here think that because Washington finished with only 91 points they aren't an NHL team with NHL players that can win NHL games. They made it in. They can win games. I also laugh at the people who think Carolina has just cruised in their 2 games. They are lucky to be 2-0.

It's the WOAT goal differential for a playoff team or at least in the Salary Cap era.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
We looked like absolute dog shit against the worst playoff team of the cap era. f***ing embarrassing. That last minute was a joke. If someone told me it was the Ottawa Senators defending a lead and not the Rangers I'd believe them. Even if we win this series quick we'll get destroyed against the Canes. Not happy in the slightest.

Agreed. I'd much rather win ugly than lose pretty in the playoffs but we didn't show up defensively tonight. They got WAY too many looks in the middle of the ice.

We played down to their level on several occasions tonight. They kind of slowed down and so did we. They looked like they're trying to win this series on 80% effort and I kind of get it, you don't need to get into a war of attrition with these guys to beat them in 4 or 5 but by doing that you allow them to sneak in a win or 2.

We need to put pedal to the metal and get rid of these dudes in 4 because after Carolina's last win they'll be fresh as well. Both these teams are just waiting for the second round to start at this point

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The refs just treat Rempe different than other player with all the attention he has received. Both of those calls were weak and would not have been called if it were another player. It's gotten ridiculous. It's also not going to change either, especially on the road.
Obvious a different skill level, but it’s like NBA refs with Shaq, especially before zone defense. The officials have no idea how to officiate Rempe because he is just significantly stronger than whatever he is hitting; so everything looks like a penalty simply because he hurts people when he touches them

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Atlanta? 2007 i think it was
Boy do I remember that game 4.

Literally took 15 minutes to review Matt Cullen's go-ahead goal in the 3rd. Most insane bounce of a puck off the crossbar I think I've ever seen.
1713932771501.png

Jagr with the empty netter to seal it and then we got to chant "Na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" to the Thrashers for the last minute and a half. Absolutely epic night at MSG.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It's the WOAT goal differential for a playoff team or at least in the Salary Cap era.
So what. Too many people are hung up on this. They can still win games and still made it in when teams like Detroit and Pitt did not. They competed hard today and played well. The Rangers are the better team and they did win the game after all. People expecting Washington to lay down and not compete and the Rangers to dominate every game are being foolish. Winning in this league is hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad