Post-Game Talk: Bread Truck Delivery

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
they actually arent a team with NHL players though. Their defense is John Carlson's old ass and 5 7th and 8th dmen.
Their biggest offensive weapon is Tom Wilson.

Theyre is zero excuse for playing so badly against them.

This team just does the bare minimum required to win. Fine in the regular season (i guess) but they f***ed around so much they could have easily lost the lead tonight.

For ONCE I would like to see this team play up instead of down, even if the opponent isn't good.

Also, Carolina dominated the Islanders more than any team has been dominated in history in game 2, it was a complete fluke they were down 3-0 to begin with, NYI were lucky to not get blown out.

Im sure if we make it to round 2 they will play harder against a better team in Carolina, but theres no reason to be sleepwalking right now, i mean its still the playoffs. Begin as you mean to go on.
Carolina didn't dominate anybody. If the Islanders don't suck so bad, that series is 1-1 at least but Carolina found a way to win, just like we did.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Tough win. Ole Wes not making me look good saying I liked him. The Caps play the odds. They can't/won't call em all.

Panarin rounding into playoff form...

Powerplay is certainly giving one of the teams momentum right now.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
People said i was dumb for saying Rempe was a needed piece on this team back in December, but who wants him out now. Wilson is a p***y who needs to be kept in check.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
they actually arent a team with NHL players though. Their defense is John Carlson's old ass and 5 7th and 8th dmen.
Their biggest offensive weapon is Tom Wilson.

Theyre is zero excuse for playing so badly against them.

This team just does the bare minimum required to win. Fine in the regular season (i guess) but they f***ed around so much they could have easily lost the lead tonight.

For ONCE I would like to see this team play up instead of down, even if the opponent isn't good.

Also, Carolina dominated the Islanders more than any team has been dominated in history in game 2, it was a complete fluke they were down 3-0 to begin with, NYI were lucky to not get blown out.

Im sure if we make it to round 2 they will play harder against a better team in Carolina, but theres no reason to be sleepwalking right now, i mean its still the playoffs. Begin as you mean to go on.
They have some good players and played really hard. Why is this so hard to comprehend? Carolina also got badly outplayed in game 1 and somehow came away with the win. You would be crying if the Rangers played that poorly as they did in the first game.

Reactions: bhamill

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
The dysfunctional pair of Lindgren and Trouba closing out the final seconds of the game

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
They have some good players and played really hard. Why is this so hard to comprehend? Carolina also got badly outplayed in game 1 and somehow came away with the win. You would be crying if the Rangers played that poorly as they did in the first game.
It's hard for people to comprehend because bratty Devils fans are living rent free with their comments.

The Rangers have won two games to start their playoffs and still haven't played anything close to their best. There are worse problems to have.

People want this and will never get it:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
It's hard for people to comprehend because bratty Devils fans are living rent free with their comments.

The Rangers have won two games to start their playoffs and still haven't played anything close to their best. There are worse problems to have.

People want this and will never get it:

If you wanna split hairs, Thailand should have never given up that shot on goal.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
If you didn't know any better, you would think we gave up 6 goals a game and are down 2-0. Anybody expecting an easy series in hockey lacks hockey knowledge. We lost to the Kings in the cup, almost every game went to OT. That 4-1 series loss looks bad on paper but anybody who watched it knows it could have gone either way. Hockey is funny sometimes.
I go through this shit every time they don't dominate and win 5-0. 55 wins and 114 points during the regular season and 2-0 in the playoffs isn't good enough. This concept of other NHL teams competing and wanting to win is often lost on many here. God forbid if they actually lose a game.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I'll forgive Zibanejad's bad regular season if the Rangers play on and he turns into Patrice Bergeron on the way to a Cup.

Brodzinski should go in for Game 3 and Rempe out. He took a penalty in each game so far and cost them a goal tonight. The TMM penalty almost made me have a stroke.

Miller looks fantastic with Schneider. Keep these D pairs.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
People overreacting like this really shows who knows hockey and who doesn't. We are in a league where a brand new Vegas team became a powerhouse and won a cup a few years later. Every team is capable of beating any team on any night. Playoffs were never going to be easy. Probably better if some people didn't watch.

Imagine some of these people when Zelepukin scored? Or when Vancouver took the Rangers to game 7? Lol

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I'll forgive Zibanejad's bad regular season if the Rangers play on and he turns into Patrice Bergeron on the way to a Cup.

Brodzinski should go in for Game 3 and Rempe out. He took a penalty in each game so far and cost them a goal tonight. The TMM penalty almost made me have a stroke.

Blaming Rempe for that is such a lazy take. That was a totally bogus call that the Caps player COMPLETELY embellished. The refs just refuse to let the kid play.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

Brodz adds nothing, at the least Rempe can police things. Honestly what does Brodzinski bring to the table? I'd put edstrom, berard, Othmann etc all in over him.

Reactions: ArPanet

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024

I agree with putting Brodzinski in for game 3. I love Rempe but he won't stop Wilson from flipping out if that's what Wilson decides to do so may as well get some speed in there.

Reactions: Vaheh

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Comments like this make no sense to me.

The deployment decisions, tactical decisions, and lineup decisions would be different vs. carolina. The team has different strengths and weaknesses. Had carolina been on the ice instead of washington, the entire game would have been complletely different.

Playoffs are hard. They have a 2-0 lead. They own carolina. Breathe. Relax.

I’m perfectly calm but to spell it out…

Rangers came out in the 3rd in my view, thinking they had done enough. They continued to be sloppy with the puck. Displayed a poor sense of urgency on their PPs. Took a very dumb penalty.

Very similar to how the Isles sat back in the third last night. Carolina outshot them 17-1 and with their talent finished their chances and took the game. Caps outshot the Rangers in the 3rd but by a closer margin. Still clawed their way back and were a bounce from tying it.

Against a better team, with that 3rd period execution, NYR may not have been so lucky. That was my point. And just how I saw it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Bogus call tonight and honestly the one in game 1 was pretty bad too but if they're going to look to call him for anything and everything then at some point you have to.

I feel like hes kind of necessary in this series. Not so much as a deterrent but he definitely draws a ton of focus form the other side. Limit his minutes and hope that the refs dont look to whistle him for every single thing.

If they get through this shit and face Carolina in the next round? I'd take him out even though I think that turning that series into a knife fight should be part of the game plan. I shutter thinking about him trying to deal with their forecheck.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
People overreacting like this really shows who knows hockey and who doesn't. We are in a league where a brand new Vegas team became a powerhouse and won a cup a few years later. Every team is capable of beating any team on any night. Playoffs were never going to be easy. Probably better if some people didn't watch.

Imagine some of these people when Zelepukin scored? Or when Vancouver took the Rangers to game 7? Lol
They would be jumping off the ledge.

Reactions: nyrallday
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad