• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Roslovic with the Erik Christensen snipe
that was an absolutely perfect shot
Fish sticks are way better than the Caps tho
eh...kind of, sort of. Caps are doing what we all assumed they'd do and in the first game the Rangers had none of that and played a strong disciplined game and shut them down.
This game the Rangers just kinda played into the Caps hands, f***ed around and found out and then said "oh yeah we're the better team" scored some goals and then went back to f***ing around

Take them seriously, be patient, and force them to make mistakes. Not fly the zone early leave your D men out to dry with no outlet pass keep trying to make hard and high risk passes and play a reactive game because you're always having to backcheck from your high offensive zone turnovers and your D men can't stand up the neutral zone like they were in game one with the team getting back to clog it up

Rangers just forgot what won them game one and got loose. Can't have that all the time

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Glad they pulled it out.

But that's an L or certainly going to OT vs Carolina.

Way too sloppy with the puck.

PP so disjointed and lackadaisical. Zero sense of urgency in the 3rd.

Better tighten up or they will be in for a rude awakening.
Comments like this make no sense to me.

The deployment decisions, tactical decisions, and lineup decisions would be different vs. carolina. The team has different strengths and weaknesses. Had carolina been on the ice instead of washington, the entire game would have been complletely different.

Playoffs are hard. They have a 2-0 lead. They own carolina. Breathe. Relax.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Anyone catch that Lindgren and Trouba are out there the last two minutes and change? Anyone catch that? Anyone catch that Mika was the best player on the ice, anyone catch that? Where’s that big mouth who thinks I work for or announce for the Rangers, where’s that big mouth?

I swear he got his shot on goal in the third when he had a bit of a break down the wing and let one rip. Could swear that went off Lindgren

I think Panarin is playing OK, he's trying to do the things that he did in the regular season. He's shooting, his shots are getting blocked. I think maybe trying a bit too hard though.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
For the people freaking out, the playoffs are a grind no matter who you play. We've had years as an 8th seed and we gave the 1st place Caps team hell, almost beat them too.

No team is an easy out, especially when they have clowns like Wilson and Oshie running around. Oshie mouthing off to Panarin who never fights, Wilson hitting Igor on the back and acting like a tool with Cuylle. Seriously, sweep these bums and send them into their rebuild so we can move on and actually play a good team and see some hockey.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Comments like this make no sense to me.

The deployment decisions, tactical decisions, and lineup decisions would be different vs. carolina. The team has different strengths and weaknesses. Had carolina been on the ice instead of washington, the entire game would have been complletely different.

Playoffs are hard. They have a 2-0 lead. They own carolina. Breathe. Relax.
I don't understand why some on here think that because Washington finished with only 91 points they aren't an NHL team with NHL players that can win NHL games. They made it in. They can win games. I also laugh at the people who think Carolina has just cruised in their 2 games. They are lucky to be 2-0.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Bad games are still going to happen in the playoffs. Important takeaway is that the Rangers still won tonight. 2 more and on to the next round.

We know the Rangers frequently play down/up to their opponent, so what's to say that these close games don't break NYR's way when playing harder competition? This team has shown gigantic collective balls this season. Franchise season record for comeback wins. They can play in and through adversity, and come out on top to boot. These games aren't free, despite how much everyone wanted to believe it was going to be or should be a total steamrolling. The Caps are also a professional team that want to win and that usually feels like it's lost in the whole equation. But NYR just find ways to win.

Bring the rest the f*** on.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
I don't understand why some on here think that because Washington finished with only 91 points they aren't an NHL team with NHL players that can win NHL games. They made it in. They can win games. I also laugh at the people who think Carolina has just cruised in their 2 games. They are lucky to be 2-0.
If you didn't know any better, you would think we gave up 6 goals a game and are down 2-0. Anybody expecting an easy series in hockey lacks hockey knowledge. We lost to the Kings in the cup, almost every game went to OT. That 4-1 series loss looks bad on paper but anybody who watched it knows it could have gone either way. Hockey is funny sometimes.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

The Caps defense is pathetic, Carlson has to play 30 minutes, it shouldn’t have been this tough tonight. That’s okay, they got the job done, but it’s an issue if the Rangers don’t finish this in 4-5 games.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Bad games are still going to happen in the playoffs. Important takeaway is that the Rangers still won tonight. 2 more and on to the next round.

We know the Rangers frequently play down/up to their opponent, so what's to say that these close games don't break NYR's way when playing harder competition? This team has shown gigantic collective balls this season. Franchise season record for comeback wins. They can play in and through adversity, and come out on top to boot. These games aren't free, despite how much everyone wanted to believe it was going to be or should be a total steamrolling. The Caps are also a professional team that want to win and that usually feels like it's lost in the whole equation. But NYR just find ways to win.

Bring the rest the f*** on.
2-0 with a chance to step on their dicks and make it 3-0. I want them to zoom in on Wilson when we blow them out Friday and take a 3-0 lead.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Hopefully, this team looks at that shorthanded goal they scored over and over and over again.

Teams are so used to Zibs and Kreider passing the puck to one another that when Miller got the puck, you could see the collective expression on the Caps faces of "WTF?!"

They need to change it up on the PP yesterday. No more one timers from Zibs or Panarin (Yes, Zibs did score one today but how many did he whiff on as well).

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
they actually arent a team with NHL players though. Their defense is John Carlson's old ass and 5 7th and 8th dmen.
Their biggest offensive weapon is Tom Wilson.

Theyre is zero excuse for playing so badly against them.

This team just does the bare minimum required to win. Fine in the regular season (i guess) but they f***ed around so much they could have easily lost the lead tonight.

For ONCE I would like to see this team play up instead of down, even if the opponent isn't good.

Also, Carolina dominated the Islanders more than any team has been dominated in history in game 2, it was a complete fluke they were down 3-0 to begin with, NYI were lucky to not get blown out.

Im sure if we make it to round 2 they will play harder against a better team in Carolina, but theres no reason to be sleepwalking right now, i mean its still the playoffs. Begin as you mean to go on.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
One new feature of the in-game experience that I enjoyed tonight is that whoever the Rangers have running the video board has no problem showing multiple replays of bad calls or missed calls. I feel like in the past, that was just not done.

And the officials had a very bad night tonight, so there was plenty to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad