Confirmed with Link: Bread Man 715k 2-way

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Maybe this is why his agent is gonna be on the Eric Francis radio show tomorrow.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Treliving really doesn't mess around with RFAs. My guess is he put a one-way, 800-850k on the table and eventually pulled it when his agent kept insisting with a higher offer. Mangi, eager to get to camp at this point probably signed whatever Treliving would give him.

Well, any extra space for Tkachuk is valuable

Reactions: Nanuuk

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Treliving really doesn't mess around with RFAs. My guess is he had a one-way, 800-850k on the table and eventually pulled it when his agent kept insisting with a higher offer. Mangi, eager to get to camp at this point probably signed whatever Treliving would give him.

Well, any extra space for Tkachuk is valuable

Good. Hopefully he can use that same restraint the next time he thinks about bending over to one of the ufas.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
I'd be shocked if this didnt sour the relationship with Mangiapane, if I was him I'd expect the be Kulak'd next summer.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'd be shocked if this didnt sour the relationship with Mangiapane, if I was him I'd expect the be Kulak'd next summer.
Oh come on. Its only for 1 year and Mangiapane only has 54 games NHL experience. If he has a good year he'll definitely get a decent raise next year. Mangiapane is no Kulak... far from it. Kulak was a fringe D-man on the Flames roster. Mangiapane has the ability to be an impact player for the team.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Oh come on. Its only for 1 year and Mangiapane only has 54 games NHL experience. If he has a good year he'll definitely get a decent raise next year. Mangiapane is no Kulak... far from it. Kulak was a fringe D-man on the Flames roster. Mangiapane has the ability to be an impact player for the team.

I doubt it will ruin the relationship, but players don’t forget these things. It will be interesting to see how things go next offseason.

Wonder if Treliving might try and extent Mangi well before that point anyway.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So two-way was the hold up. I’ll take my apologies now ;)
I don't understand why even bother with a 2-way contract?? No way he would clear waivers to even make it down to Stockton.
As far as I can see the two-way part is virtually meaningless unless someone can explain to me why it isn't?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I don't understand why even bother with a 2-way contract?? No way he would clear waivers to even make it down to Stockton.
As far as I can see the two-way part is virtually meaningless unless someone can explain to me why it isn't?

Not that I think it’s at all likely, but it’s pretty much in case he sucks. Can be waived without cap repercussions.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016

Mangi had 13 points in 44 games on the 4th line and his GM didnt move a cent from his QO. The same GM that bought out 3 of contracts he handed out, signed Neal to a contract that couldnt be bought out and Frolik to a contract that cant be moved.

Thats going to leave an impression, whether we like it or not.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not that I think it’s at all likely, but it’s pretty much in case he sucks. Can be waived without cap repercussions.
Exactly this. How many times have we seen a guy look good for half a season then proceed to shit the bed

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
BT: "Hey Andrew, are you coming to earn your spot? We are giving it to Dube if you are not coming"
AM: "what is your best offer?"
BT: "715K"
AM: "One way?"
BT: "No, two way and if you are not coming, you start in Stockton"
AM: "coming"

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

It's a business. They just need to remember there is no such thing as a home town discount next time they discuss contract. But I am pretty sure his agent already knew that.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

I think all is forgiven when the next contract is considered fair for both sides.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
BT: "Hey Andrew, are you coming to earn your spot? We are giving it to Dube if you are not coming"
AM: "what is your best offer?"
BT: "715K"
AM: "One way?"
BT: "No, two way and if you are not coming, you start in Stockton"
AM: "coming"
Probably more like...
AM: "Your offer still $850k from June?"
BT: "Going with $750k now"
AM: "Would you do $800k?"
BT: "It's now $715k... on a two way"
AM: "Coming"

Reactions: DFF