Proposal: Brayden Schenn To Colorado

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Kefoot isn't top 6 on Blues or most other teams.

Kerfoot would be tied with Perron and Schenn for third in scoring on the Blues, and is on pace for 50 points. He's a top 6 player. I don't think he's a good fit for this trade but he's a top 6 player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Kerfoot would be tied with Perron and Schenn for third in scoring on the Blues, and is on pace for 50 points. He's a top 6 player. I don't think he's a good fit for this trade but he's a top 6 player.
Is he even top 6 on Avs? He's 8th among their forwards in icetime.

Last edited by a moderator:

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Is he even top 6 on Avs? He's 8th among their forwards in icetime.

He's been up and down and is now injured, but he's been our 2C for the majority of the season and has produced the most there. The coach thinks he's most effective at center and with Compher returning, their roles have been juggled a bit (Bednar also thinks Compher is best at center, so it gets crowded when he's stubborn about it).

The Avs' second line is in flux a lot of the time, which is why Avs fans want a stable option like Schenn. So ice time is going to be wonky as Bednar tries different players there. But of all the options for the second line we've tried, Kerfoot has been the most effective player there.

Reactions: Blueston

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Points don't transfer linearly across teams that way, and being "on pace" for 50 points doesn't mean all that much when it's over 30 games and you've never actually done it before.

I remember when Berglund put up 20+ goals and 50+ points at age 22. He was a top 6 player that year. For the majority of his career? Not so much.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Points don't transfer linearly across teams that way, and being "on pace" for 50 points doesn't mean all that much when it's over 30 games and you've never actually done it before.

I remember when Berglund put up 20+ goals and 50+ points at age 22. He was a top 6 player that year. For the majority of his career? Not so much.

Kerfoot came into the league from college and had a 19 goal, 43 point rookie season, then came back this year and immediately played at a pace set to improve upon that production. You're right, he might not hit 50 points, but right now all the evidence we have says that he's a top six forward and producing at the rate of a top 6 forward. Kerfoot hasn't regressed yet. Assuming that will happen when you've probably seen him play four times because Patrik Berglund did is pretty weak.

I think the Avs need to add to Kerfoot for secondary scoring, not just upgrade him. He's a good, smart hockey player that would add a lot to all but the most stacked second lines in the league. Turning up your nose at that when your best forwards are barely outproducing him isn't an approach I would take.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
He's been up and down and is now injured, but he's been our 2C for the majority of the season and has produced the most there. The coach thinks he's most effective at center and with Compher returning, their roles have been juggled a bit (Bednar also thinks Compher is best at center, so it gets crowded when he's stubborn about it).

The Avs' second line is in flux a lot of the time, which is why Avs fans want a stable option like Schenn. So ice time is going to be wonky as Bednar tries different players there. But of all the options for the second line we've tried, Kerfoot has been the most effective player there.

You’re coach may think he is a center and you have a competent coach. Gotta remember this is St. Louis he is going to and our coaching turn table is awful. He might end up playing defense here.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Kerfoot came into the league from college and had a 19 goal, 43 point rookie season, then came back this year and immediately played at a pace set to improve upon that production. You're right, he might not hit 50 points, but right now all the evidence we have says that he's a top six forward and producing at the rate of a top 6 forward. Kerfoot hasn't regressed yet. Assuming that will happen when you've probably seen him play four times because Patrik Berglund did is pretty weak.

I think the Avs need to add to Kerfoot for secondary scoring, not just upgrade him. He's a good, smart hockey player that would add a lot to all but the most stacked second lines in the league. Turning up your nose at that when your best forwards are barely outproducing him isn't an approach I would take.
I'm not assuming he will. I'm simply saying it's not the given you are implying it is.

Berglund had a 21 goal, 47 point rookie season as well, for the record...at a far younger age then Kerfoot.

The Blues are a hot mess right now for a number of reasons, but overall talent level isn't really one of them (save for the goaltending position). I think they'll survive without Kerfoot. If you want to believe he would come over and immediately be one of the best forwards on the Blues, you're welcome to that opinion, but I think that's wildly off base and you're not going to find many (if any) Blues fans who share that opinion.

Asking Blues fans to be excited about the idea when the guy you're wanting in return for Kerfoot is clearly a far superior player? That's just silly.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

*productive

Jimmothy has been more effective IMO

Reactions: hooverdam

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not trying to rip on Avs, just that I was told he would be top 6 on most teams and I find that dubious when he doesn't appear to be top 6 on his own team.

Hoover covered it pretty well. We have a lot of top 9 guys, but no top line or even near-top line guys outside of the big line. So offensive minutes on this team have been really inconsistent while Bednar juggles the 2nd & 4th lines a lot to try to get something going.

The only really consistent minutes are MacK, Mikko, Landy & Soda’s. Pretty much everyone else with any skill gets bounced around based on who's hot & who's clicking.

Last edited:

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
*productive

Jimmothy has been more effective IMO

I want Jimmothy on the wing with Kerfoot at center. That line has gone pretty cold in terms of production since Kerfoot got moved around, so while I see your point, I don't think it's the best configuration for getting actual top six production out of them.

Kerf can make plays and JT can finish them. Jost can just have a good time out there or whatever.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I want Jimmothy on the wing with Kerfoot at center. That line has gone pretty cold in terms of production since Kerfoot got moved around, so while I see your point, I don't think it's the best configuration for getting actual top six production out of them.

Kerf can make plays and JT can finish them. Jost can just have a good time out there or whatever.

With Kam's injury :cry::cry::cry:; that's probably the best iteration, but I don't really love it either.

I'd be curious to see how Greer did with Jimmothy & Jost; since AJ's got better hands than Wilson and that line had its moments with good ol Cap'n Average on it. Plus he's got the...tenacity...to really spark the whole team any time he & Jimmothy step onto the ice together :laugh:

Reactions: hooverdam

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Not trying to rip on Avs, just that I was told he would be top 6 on most teams and I find that dubious when he doesn't appear to be top 6 on his own team.
He's too 6. He's just not on the penalty kill and we spend a ton of time on the penalty kill

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The only way I see the Blues trading Schenn to our much respected divisional rival is if Zadorov is coming back.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018

Lol that pretty much sums up Jost

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Hats off to STL fans in this thread. We've had some barn burners lately with fans of other teams calling Soda a cap dump.

I'm not sure there is a trade fit unless it's for someone like Tank with higher end pieces though. I completely get not placing much value on Kerfoot lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad