Brayden McNabb vs. Jared Cowen

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Easily cowen!

He's bigger and stronger and better defensively. Also more of a leader.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Cowen, because he projects to be the better player at the NHL level.

The real question is, Mark Stone or Brayden Schenn?

Ron Barr

Doing it to Death
Dec 23, 2009
bdddddddet
As much as I love McNabb, I still think Cowen will have a better NHL career. McNabb has broken out this year big time but Cowen has a better track record and will probably be the more consistent player (maybe not offensively, but defensively for sure).

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
http://whl.ca/video/index/id/1303750566

At 6'5 235 and 19...the sequence at 3:50 is pretty impressive. Keep in mind, he's going to be 6'5 245-250 in time. And no, I'm not saying he's going to ever even attempt that on any type of regular basis in the NHL, I'm just saying it's impressive that at his size, he can does stuff like this pretty regularly in the WHL. Will be interesting to see how much Cowen's coordination and fluidity improves as he matures into his frame...it looks like he's got filling out to do, very very broad shoulders.

Can't comment on McNabb. Only time I ever saw him was in the Subway Series where I thought at a smaller size, he was at a lower skating ability than Cowen.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I love McNabb, but I'd take Cowen for how he projects. And yes, Cowen while bigger is a better skater.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Very similar players, and I have seen both win games single handedly right in front of my own eyes.

Cowen has an edge here, but it's really not as big of a gap as some people might think.

I think that McNabb might have improved the most of almost any player since his draft day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad