WWE: Bray Wyatt released

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Or a script writer. If we piece together what we've heard. Rotundo was having a lot of problems with the death of Brodie, it sounds like WWE changed the wrestlemania script so he could get off of TV and go away for a while. I expect that maybe they reached out and said when are you coming back, and he said, not ready yet, and when they asked when, he said I don't know. So the WWE terminated his deal. We don't know if he wants to wrestle anymore, or if this was a two way termination. We'll probably learn more as things go along. There was a picture of him with a fan and he looked to have dropped a bunch of weight.

As for the in ring stuff. His promo ability is off the charts creative, the problem is at times, his rambling (on purpose) promo's confuse some fans. His work rate in the ring is poor, it got worse as the fiend, maybe because he put on weight, maybe because of the mask itself and his vision. But he just didn't put in great matches. We've also heard that a lot of the fiend ideas and match ideas for the Fiend did come from Bray. But yeah, there was a serious credibility issue happening because he kept losing major matches after a while.

I expect that AEW will push hard to get him, they can't seem to help it, and their roster is really taking on a late WCW bloated look. I expect that we won't see Bray for a long time, and I have no idea where he ends up. Maybe the WWE monitors fan reaction to him, and gives him some time and resigns him if he wants to keep wrestling.

The AEW didn't really stand out as great, they really attacked Alexa, which is just ridiculous and stupid.

I feel like that character was always going to be hard to do in the ring given the supernatural elements. It didn't transfer as well as the Undertaker or Mankind did. Not sure why.

It sounds like maybe he was worried how the character was being handled though that's just a rumor. Given how awful his booking was it wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I feel like that character was always going to be hard to do in the ring given the supernatural elements. It didn't transfer as well as the Undertaker or Mankind did. Not sure why.

It sounds like maybe he was worried how the character was being handled though that's just a rumor. Given how awful his booking was it wouldn't surprise me.

If the no-selling was Bray's idea, then that character was heading for trouble. He shouldn't have been near the title scene with that kind of a character.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
So in the next couple of months AEW could very likely have all of Punk, Bryan, Ric Flair, and now Bray Wyatt show up on their show. They’re also selling out the United Centre with Rampage. Not bad for such a new company.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
So in the next couple of months AEW could very likely have all of Punk, Bryan, Ric Flair, and now Bray Wyatt show up on their show. They’re also selling out the United Centre with Rampage. Not bad for such a new company.

Their roster is going to get bloated fast though. I honestly like seeing a mix of younger guys. Not that I don't think those guys will help but maybe they should think about moving away from some of the older guys.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Their roster is going to get bloated fast though. I honestly like seeing a mix of younger guys. Not that I don't think those guys will help but maybe they should think about moving away from some of the older guys.

Plenty of crap to cut though. Guys like Janela, Luther and others can easily be let go and it worth hurt anything.

They'll have two TV shows + the two YouTube shows. Plenty of space for the good talent. Also let's them spread things out and not have to outshot everything. If anything, them getting more stars is a great thing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
On one hand that's true, but on the other, I don't really think anyone was pining to see Ever Rise show up in AEW.

Not many were pining to see them even in NXT. They never got any big reactions. Even their show didn't get many views. The biggest reactions during on stream chats were couple of people calling one of them Fat Jackson.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Plenty of crap to cut though. Guys like Janela, Luther and others can easily be let go and it worth hurt anything.

They'll have two TV shows + the two YouTube shows. Plenty of space for the good talent. Also let's them spread things out and not have to outshot everything. If anything, them getting more stars is a great thing.

Agreed, except on Luther. I’m still enjoying his matches and I’m happy to have him job on Dark every week.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I actually think they screwed the pooch with Janela. He and Kiss were really good together and they should've had more TV time. Janela is a spot monkey scrapper, they haven't exactly used him to his strengths. The dark match I saw Janela have with Omega in Boston for the 2nd Dynamite was outstanding, and it was a dark match at like 11pm. No reason to do anything but mail it in and he delivered, and earned my respect

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I actually think they screwed the pooch with Janela. He and Kiss were really good together and they should've had more TV time. Janela is a spot monkey scrapper, they haven't exactly used him to his strengths. The dark match I saw Janela have with Omega in Boston for the 2nd Dynamite was outstanding, and it was a dark match at like 11pm. No reason to do anything but mail it in and he delivered, and earned my respect

Well, if the TV time you take away to give them time is the 5-10 extra minutes the Bucks' matches usually last, fine. However, Janela and Kiss have very little value. They are fine as jobbers and can anchor your C/D shows, but I do not want to see either on them each week.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

Janela is one of the worst wrestlers I've ever seen on television. In the ring, out of the ring, he's awful. AEW reducing his exposure is a definite plus. There are plenty of people there who can use that time well.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They just put Janela over like he was f***ing Goldberg on one of the YouTube shows. Heel turn too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00