Brantford Bulldogs 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
What was the last one you have seen? I believe there are only 2 total.

The cool thing is when they were taking apart the media booth, under the layers of signs, they found there was an original Brantford Alexanders sign. Nice piece of OHL history.
Last one was showing what they have to do to prepare for the season. Washrooms, dressing rooms etc.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Got some tickets to check out the Knights at The Brantford Civic Center in October. I think it'll be a pretty cool environment, Looking forward to it!

Cactus Girl

May 10, 2018
Does anyone know how/when the Bulldogs will be distributing tickets to the two pre-season games in Brantford? Are they going to sell tickets, or perhaps they plan to just hand them out to various community groups so that lots of local kids can go? Just wondering if anything has been announced yet...

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
At which facility will the Rangers / Bulldogs X-game be played at on Sept. 6th?

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Bulldogs lost their first pre season game.

Tough one. I thought Vanacker looked much improved from last year. Skating well and was playing with a lot of confidence, should be in the top 6 this year.

Cheynowski also looked very good and looks like he'll be a good addition to the team this year.

Egorov kinda had an up and down game. Looked strong for most of it but gave up some big rebounds.

Powerplay was the weak point for them in this one. Just didn't get many scoring opportunities at all.

Pretty chippy game. Otters look like they'll play a tough style of hockey. Molnar and Misiak looked very good for them as well. Will be a fun team to watch, I imagine.

Reactions: barriers

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Already tired of Brantford media. This coming from a guy that is okay in Brantford, but reading Headlines like, "Bulldogs first!", then having it be about the first preseason win as Brantford.... going to be a long year of that.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Already tired of Brantford media. This coming from a guy that is okay in Brantford, but reading Headlines like, "Bulldogs first!", then having it be about the first preseason win as Brantford.... going to be a long year of that.
In fairness it's a pretty big deal for the city to be "hosting" the Bulldogs. Those headlines are a lot better then being burried and nobody caring.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Really entertaining pre season game.

Bulldogs like always showed fight and comeback into the game to get a big W!

Gretzky Arena was really cool and had a ton of his awards and equipment from his playing days.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Where is Luca Testa?
He’s been listed as a scratch for at least 2 games. Not sure if he’s injured or what the reasoning is.

Also I noticed Gill-Shane played in the inter-squad game during training camp but last night he wasn’t dressed and wasn’t listed as a scratch, so not sure what’s going with him either.

Reactions: tjziel

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
More likely they just gave him the game off. I found him to be a liability last season. Not a very good player. Better if they moved him out.
The other day during the online broadcast against Kitchener, Reed and Troy didn’t even say his name when they said who all was scratched and talked about them. I just went on the OHL website to look at the pre-season roster and he isn’t listed. I’m beginning to wonder if he’s not returning, which if that’s the case, we have an open OA slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad