Brannstrom vs Jokiharju

Better player today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Jokiiharju, but I was never high on Brannstrom and still think post-WJC he is way overhyped, will eat crow if I'm wrong about it.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
The WJC at this point should be obvious to people not to use it for any sort of projections. So many guys have had amazing tournaments and been trash (Lazar) and guys have been heavily criticized and gone on to prove the haters wrong (like Marner).

Either way I still take Brannstrom though. I wanted him in the 2017 draft and I still really like his game. I think he is the perfect modern NHL D.

Reactions: Rob Brown

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The WJC at this point should be obvious to people not to use it for any sort of projections. So many guys have had amazing tournaments and been trash (Lazar) and guys have been heavily criticized and gone on to prove the haters wrong (like Marner).

Either way I still take Brannstrom though. I wanted him in the 2017 draft and I still really like his game. I think he is the perfect modern NHL D.
Um. Well, this might be the first time I've ever said this. But I completely agree with everything he said.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
2 future elite dmen , chose Brannstorm but SUPER close

sadpanda

May 19, 2016
Stockholm
No way Brännström should have been in the all-star team instead of Jokiharju, his team didn't even play for medals.

Voted for my boy Jokiharju. I don't believe in Brännström yet

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Voted the one playing in NHL and with gold medal..
Yeah cause playing for an inept Chicago team that is statistically one of the worst defensive teams in the league (30th in both shots and goals allowed) is some huge achievement over another guy that was drafted by a team with too many defensemen on NHL contracts and a GM that almost never puts under 20 year olds in the NHL.

And clearly Jokiharju is the only reason Finland won gold and Brannstrom is the only reason Sweden didn't.

Brannstrom could 100% be in the NHL today, but he is being given the opportunity to play on the top pair in the AHL while McPhee figures out the roster situation. Jokijarhu getting to exploit that Chicago's defense is wilting is not proof that he's better than Brannstrom.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I agree. I like Jokiharju, but him being drafted by a worse team got him to the NHL first. There are plenty of teams where Jokiharju would be in the AHL, especially Vegas.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I have not seen much of Brannstrom, but he was the better player in the WJC, so I voted for him based on that alone.

Jokiharju I see a lot on the Hawks, and he hasn't been especially good. He has skill with the puck, but he still has ways to go defensively.

Visul

Dec 22, 2015
Jokiharju is much closer to Brännström than he was in the draft. Having said this, Brännström is still the better player now and in the future.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
And clearly Jokiharju is the only reason Finland won gold and Brannstrom is the only reason Sweden didn't.

Who said he was the only reason for gold?? I'm so sorry I didn't vote the same way as you. Why have these votes at all if only one answer is accepted.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Who said he was the only reason for gold?? I'm so sorry I didn't vote the same way as you. Why have these votes at all if only one answer is accepted.

Lol I'm not saying you're not allowed to vote. I'm saying I disagree with your reasons. Keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille