Post-Game Talk: Brandon Sutter; a better goal scorer than Vrbata || Canucks lose 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
But miller was on the st louis chokers. And bad buffalo

If they were making the playoffs they weren't that bad.

Also, that Briere/Drury era Sabres was pretty damn good for a little while. Conference finalists two years in a row.

Last edited:

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Aren't the lines what they had for practice yesterday? They had an optional skate today so unless they're going to make last-minute changes, I think the practice lines are pretty set to start.

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter
Prust - Horvat - Vrbata
Burrows - McCann - Hansen
Dorsett - Cracknell - Virtanen

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bartkowski
Hutton - Sbisa

Miller
Bachman

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Aren't the lines what they had for practice yesterday? They had an optional skate today so unless they're going to make last-minute changes, I think the practice lines are pretty set to start.

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter
Prust - Horvat - Vrbata

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bartkowski
Hutton - Sbisa

Miller
Bachman

Yup, those are the projected lines. I don't get too caught up in 2nd or 4th line anymore since WD rolls all 4 lines at 5v5. It's the combinations that people should care about. I don't understand Prust on Horvat/Vrbata line since that line needed a speedy winger was is good on the forecheck and Prust is the slowest forward on the team. Would much rather have Burrows or Virtanen out there with those 2.

Sutter with the Sedins will have to end soon, the Sedins will make any decent player look dangerous but I really don't see Sutter making them look better like Burrows and Vrbata have in the past.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
8471283.jpg
-
8471490.jpg
-
8473432.jpg
These guys looks really cartoonish, what with the neck-to-head ratio and symmetrically coiffed hair and all. Even Cracknell kind of looks like a drawing too. :laugh:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Colton Parayko is apparently their version of Ben Hutton. Interested to watch him tonight.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter
Prust - Horvat - Vrbata

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bartkowski
Hutton - Sbisa

Miller
Bachman

Prust on the 2nd line ... This is a ****ing joke right?

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Gomez is in for us tonight. Who's coming out we're not sure of yet. Lines will probably be something like
Stern-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Lehtera-Brouwer
Jaskin-Backes-Upshall
And three out of Ott/Gomez/Brodziak/Reaves

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Wasn't tarasenko good with lehtera?

is backes going to RW at any time?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter
Prust - Horvat - Vrbata

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bartkowski
Hutton - Sbisa

Miller
Bachman

That's more like our Willie D.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Wasn't tarasenko good with lehtera?

is backes going to RW at any time?

He was very good with Lehtera but Jori faded down the stretch. It's pretty much a consensus on our board that it was a conditioning issue. Making the jump from the KHL to the NHL is a large on.

Management pretty much came out and admitted that they misused Stastny last year and that they were not going to repeat that mistake. So he's been with Steen and Tarasenko all season. They've been utterly dominant so there's really reason to break them up.

Lehtera has had a revolving door so far on his right with with injuries (Fabbri, Jaskin and Brouwer) but he's been excellent. He's been between Schwartz and Brouwer the past two games and looked great in the process.

I don't see moving back to the wing. He's simply too effective as a two way center man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad