Brandon Saad

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I think we can all agree the Saad as of late is the player we were expecting when we traded for him and dished out his contract. Last 5 games 3G 2A 5P +1. The only thing is if like to see him use his speed more and finish on some of the breakaways he gets!

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
He would be a HF darling if he could finish a little better. I think he has been as good as advertised. His steal of the puck from Doan leading to Foligno's goal is exactly the type of thing that gets a team going.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Dano hasn't played a NHL game in 3 weeks.

AA has gone 12-7-19 in 35 gms (projected 28-17-45 end of the season; mind you Saad projects to be 29-23-52). Chicago fans like him. They added a capable player who is scoring goals plus a kid that is still developing (Dano) and may become the next Saad. Pretty wn-win.

Until AA gets hurt :sarcasm:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If anyone is over hyped it's Dano right now. Not saying he's not good, but let's wait until he puts up 40 pts in the nhl before he's the next Saad. He's got all the opportunity in the world succeed in Chicago if he can crack the roster. Something which Saad did straight out of juniors.

Side note: this will be Saad's first year in the nhl where he HASN'T played in the playoffs.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
AA has gone 12-7-19 in 35 gms (projected 28-17-45 end of the season; mind you Saad projects to be 29-23-52). Chicago fans like him. They added a capable player who is scoring goals plus a kid that is still developing (Dano) and may become the next Saad. Pretty wn-win.

Until AA gets hurt :sarcasm:

AA is the poster child of goal scoring droughts. I wouldn't read too much into any type of projection based on current stats. He's only had one top six month. After a slow start in October, both November and December have been top six months as far as production from Saad.

Chicago really isn't going to get a "win" from AA, he's going to be the streaky two-way player he's always been. That's fine for their team. How they earn their "win" is if Dano can produce in the future.

So, no, I don't think it's up to win/win yet.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If Dano signs for more than $2M than its about equal to Saad's contract. They just have it split between 2 players.

KlichkoBro*

Who's playing well?
Anisimov has 1 point in his last 11 games. 80% of his previous success belongs to Patty Kane. And Dano is in the AHL and was suspended recently there.

Valdiz

Apr 4, 2015
Moscow
HEY. It aint over til it's mathematically over
Careful there, this type of thinking can kick you in the...drafts :sarcasm:
Love Saad's calmness, its difficult to judge a person by interviews, but it looks to me he's a pretty decent guy, not giving a "hey, ama stanley cup winner, you plebes" vibe. And his backhand - a nice addition to the cbj arsenal (not overly productive addition atm, but still)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Love Saad's calmness, its difficult to judge a person by interviews, but it looks to me he's a pretty decent guy, not giving a "hey, ama stanley cup winner, you plebes" vibe. And his backhand - a nice addition to the cbj arsenal (not overly productive addition atm, but still)

Just wait until Sonny Milano and Saad start working on their backhand together... :laugh: :laugh:

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam

I've made peace with the fact that the CBJ will draft between 6th and 10th from now until the heat death of the universe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad