Proposal: Brandon Saad for Viktor Arvidsson

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
St Louis sends Brandon Saad to LA after asking him if he would waive.

Now that Fiala is in LA, Saad would not think twice about it and would help the Kings do actual damage in the playoffs.
Arvidsson is a great fit for Kyrou and would even increase his value more on the Blues.

What do you guys think about this hockey trade?

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
saad had his chance to sign in LA
Arvidsson has been great in LA
Things change quick in the NHL, Arvidsson has most definelty been great; however, I think you are disrespecting Saad, a player who you acquire for playoffs.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
No real point for the Blues to do it.

Saad could eventually become a cap casualty in a year or two so if we’re trading him, it would need to be for someone that gives us more than just $250K in cap relief.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
saad had his chance to sign in LA
Arvidsson has been great in LA

Things change quick in the NHL, Arvidsson has most definelty been great; however, I think you are disrespecting Saad, a player who you acquire for playoffs.

How is mentioning Saad deciding not to sign in LA a disrespect to Saad????

if anything, that post meant that Saad disrespected LA

i sniff a millennial in Coffee lol

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
How is mentioning Saad deciding not to sign in LA a disrespect to Saad????

if anything, that post meant that Saad disrespected LA

i sniff a millennial in Coffee lol
Apologies, I may have very well taken what they said the wrong way. I interpreted it as Saad would not help the Kings in any way.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

Now that Fiala is in LA, Saad would not think twice about it and would help the Kings do actual damage in the playoffs.
Arvidsson is a great fit for Kyrou and would even increase his value more on the Blues.

I'm curious what you mean by the idea that he'd be a great fit for Kyrou. Do you mean on the same line? Don't they play kinda similar games? It could work, but who's going to center them, Schenn? Way more likely Arvidsson and Kyrou would play on different lines.

As for the actual trade, while Arvidsson is more dynamic, I just don't see the Blues trading a guy they just signed for a player who is recovering from serious surgery. They have plenty of offense up front, if they made a move like this, it wouldn't just be shuffling the deck chairs, it'd be about improving their defense.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

I'd be wary of Saads longer contract and his potential drop off.

Arvidsson has been good for is, so i dont really see the point of it.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
If the Kings are thinking of signing an UFA Forsberg, part of the attraction is having Forsberg's best friend Arvidsson on the Kings. Fiala is also another close friend.

I think Arvidsson was a factor in Fiala deciding to only sign an extension with the Kings. So that helped lower Fiala's acquisition cost.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
4 more years on 30 year old Salad is too much. Kings get to reassess in 2 years on Ardvidsson.

Also I'd like to have 14M in cap space coming off the books the year Kopitar goes UFA. No particular reason.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If the Kings are thinking of signing an UFA Forsberg, part of the attraction is having Forsberg's best friend Arvidsson on the Kings. Fiala is also another close friend.

I think Arvidsson was a factor in Fiala deciding to only sign an extension with the Kings. So that helped lower Fiala's acquisition cost.
Forsberg to LA would be kind of awesome.

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
4 more years on 30 year old Salad is too much. Kings get to reassess in 2 years on Ardvidsson.

Also I'd like to have 14M in cap space coming off the books the year Kopitar goes UFA. No particular reason.
Giving a 30 year old salad four more years sounds pretty gross.

Gotta love autocorrect

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Don’t really see why either team makes this trade. Kings are full at LW as it is with Fiala, Kempe, Iafallo, Moore, etc. and STL has a ton of RW like Kyrou, Tarasenko, Buchnevich, Toropchenko, etc.

Reactions: jmelm

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
If STL is concerned about Saad in the longer term and their cap structure, they can trade him to the Penguins for Zucker (with $1M salary retention on the latter to equal the cap hit) as he’s a UFA after this year.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Just checked that as it sounded weird to see on a team and you weren't kidding.
Kopitar
Kempe
Fiala
Danault
Moore

And to add to that, the guys most likely to sub in for injured/slumping players are all lefties too.

Iafallo
Kaliyev
Byfield

If anything the Kings need to add right handed shooters, not subtract.

Reactions: kinghock

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Didnt Chicago acquire Saad for the playoffs once?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad