Waived: Brandon Prust on waivers (Update: Clears, sent to Utica)

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
original

Was never a Prust fan.

Looks like we lost that trade :laugh:

So much for people saying we can get a 3rd or 4th rounder for him for sure.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Hopefully he gets claimed.

Otherwise him clearing waivers might up his value slightly, we could still see him traded for a minor leaguer with no value.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
At the time of the trade I figured he could of netted a 3rd or 4th at the deadline. Never recovered from what, a high ankle sprain? Good hockey sense but cannot get to where he needs to be to be effective.

Happy to see cap space and roster spot freed up.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Poor Dorsett, he's back to being the only fighter. Maybe Benning will find him another battle buddy soon.

:sarcasm:

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
Love it !!! Full youth movement in effect !!

Burrows better watch out.

Nux management finally starting to rid us of the Kassians and Prusts of the world. It's refreshing.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hodgson, Kassian, Prust, 5th rounder

Only one piece in the connected trades has any value in 2016.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Except those "losses " are pretty nothing themselves. Best player in that trade is 5th rnd pick.

He continues to bleed assets regardless. Not a good thing, at all.

Kassian seems to be turning things around in Edmonton (surprise surprise) and a 5th round pick could still be a valuable asset (see: Ben Hutton, Gustav Forsling).

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
discuss the player and the waivers, don't start the crap of "can't wait to here how this is Gillis' fault" our other stupid baiting at other posters. It's flaming, you know it's flaming and it's against site rules.

If you can't oblige by that rule then you won't be participating. Period.

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
Brandon "targeted acquisition" Prust, ladies and gentlemen. :biglaugh:

AKA Brandon "3rd or 4th round pick at the deadline" Prust. AKA Brandon "better character" Prust.

I mean props to Benning for finally making what was ultimately the right move here by ditching a crappy player, but what a mini-fiasco that whole thing was.

EDIT: Perhaps this post is poorly situated in being directly after TPM's. :sarcasm:

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
actually if he clears it could increase his value. clears, trade at 50% salary, then the team can stash him in ahl until before playoffs. considering the amount of games left in the season at the deadline if he is stashed, it couldn't be much of a cap hit for the acquiring team

Last edited:

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I'm not a big fan of Benning's signings, in particular, and a couple of his trades. But I haven't been nearly as critical as many posters. The Kassian+5th/Prust trade, however, had me really frustrated. Despite all the things that came out later, I still felt it was a poor, poor trade. Now we have the final verdict.

This trade will go down as one of the worst of Benning's tenure.

Now the question....who are they making room for? Zalewski?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Ha ha.

I hated the trade and still do. That said, I have to give Benning some congratulations on this one. Player went stupid about team stuff and he didn't put up with it. Good. but it is still a bad trade.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
I think he'll get claimed. Having a possible playoff guy two months from now for basically zero cost has to entice someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad