Value of: Brandon Montour to Winnipeg

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Saw on some discussions that they were playing him for some time on the left side....Bad team struggles can take guys performance down I think he's worth a shot at right price and Ullmark the goalie next year might surprise as a free agent too for those same reasons imo....
Sounds good the devils are welcome to him.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Sounds good the devils are welcome to him.
On our right side I'd sign him next year just wouldn't give up picks because we're rebuilding.....Jets need the help on Defense have no cap and Stanley Cup window is closing....For Jets I wouldn't give up that high of picks either and I'd look for a better player but if not a third is worth the gamble on BM

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
On our right side I'd sign him next year just wouldn't give up picks because we're rebuilding.....Jets need the help on Defense have no cap and Stanley Cup window is closing....For Jets I wouldn't give up that high of picks either and I'd look for a better player but if not a third is worth the gamble on BM
Thanks for your input on the jets. Our window is not closing wheeler is old most of the rest our core is young. Montour is not the solution.

Reactions: TS Quint

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I find conversations like these so funny.

If a player is the right price, their stats aren’t good enough or they’re not currently playing well enough. If a player has no warts, then they’re too expensive. And so it goes, around and around...

Yes, Montour has warts and isn’t playing well on a garbage team, but that risk is exactly why he’s available and won’t cost the moon. The guy has talent, but needs a good situation and system to show it.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Demelo already had underlying stats in Ottawa. Pionk had played one season for Rangers so was new to nhl. Montour has been in the league for awhile and been poor. Not same thing at all. Not even worth Niku.

He was quite good in Anaheim prior to being dealt to Buffalo. I have a hard time evaluating players on that team due to just how bad players play when they go there. Nearly every player has a big dip once traded there.

If the cost is right he could be a decent bet to play well in a better situation.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I dont think Montour is a poor player, just really inconsistent. Has wonderful shifts followed by trainwrecks. I also think he was miscast in Kruegers system (who wasn't?). He's always been a bit of a Wyld Stallyn and don't think that'll ever change, he doesnt have the ability to play a shutdown role without hiccups, let him skate and run around with a 'safe' partner (again the collection of D in Buffalo simply doesn't compliment oneanother well), don't force him to pass the puck up ice, let him skate, give him some 2PP time.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
A 3rd is fair. Montour can still turn things around but he won't do it on the Sabres.

I really liked him when he came from Anaheim but like so many other plyrrs our coaches got through to him and thaught him how to not play hockey.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I dont think Montour is a poor player, just really inconsistent. Has wonderful shifts followed by trainwrecks. I also think he was miscast in Kruegers system (who wasn't?). He's always been a bit of a Wyld Stallyn and don't think that'll ever change, he doesnt have the ability to play a shutdown role without hiccups, let him skate and run around with a 'safe' partner (again the collection of D in Buffalo simply doesn't compliment oneanother well), don't force him to pass the puck up ice, let him skate, give him some 2PP time.
Definitely wouldn’t be on our 2nd pp when we have Pionk and Mo.
where does he fit into roster. Not with Mo. Poolman, Stanley.
How does he not block Heinola as the role described I think is heinola’s fit being the wild stallyn.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The right team might do a 3rd and 4th. Anyone expecting a 1st or 2nd is going to be disappointed. That said he’s a good buy low candidate. Could really rebound on a solid club.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Definitely wouldn’t be on our 2nd pp when we have Pionk and Mo.
where does he fit into roster. Not with Mo. Poolman, Stanley.
How does he not block Heinola as the role described I think is heinola’s fit being the wild stallyn.
For sure, not condoning ya making the move, just providing some insight. He does have 2nd talent on paper if used properly and a few teams could bid on him with the right situation. Jets probably arent that team.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
For sure, not condoning ya making the move, just providing some insight. He does have 2nd talent on paper if used properly and a few teams could bid on him with the right situation. Jets probably arent that team.
Never thought you were. I appreciate the insight.
I was jumping off your post to rest of jets fans who want him more than I was responding to your post. Sorry if there was confusion.
Appreciate the honesty instead of just hyping your player.

Reactions: Sabreality

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
I don't think he's a fit for the Jets. Montour has talent, but he also needs to be insulated which isn't possible with the Jets defense. Maybe they go for him if he's cheap and nothing else works out, but I really don't think he would excel in Winnipeg.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The Sabres have only one D man I would like to see on the Jets and they aren't trading him.

Reactions: TS Quint

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad