Brandon Maxwell

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by R S, Nov 4, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. R S

R S @avs_tweets

scout
    The former 6th round pick of the Avalanche went unsigned by the team over the summer after a pair of fairly disappointing years with Kitchener.

Well this year he seems to have either matured or simply rebounded. He's 10-2-1 with Sarnia and has a .929 sv% and 2.09 GAA.

Is it simply a product of his team, a better system or is it him that has improved?

Does a team take gamble and draft him in 2012? I always liked him as a prospect and was very excited when the Avs had originally picked him in 2009.

2. bcv

bcv My french sucks.

I wouldn't mind the Habs spending a 6th round pick on him as they have no goalie depth.

3. JMcLeaf

JMcLeaf __________

When he was on Kitchener I felt like any shot could beat him. He just seemed like he had no confidence or he was just a bad goalie. But I saw him play last weekend and I was impressed. He seemed solid all around. I'd want to see him play some more though before I could decide if he's worth using a late pick on or not.

4. Nullus Reverentia

Nullus Reverentia Hic Sunt Dracones

Helium-3 Space Pirate
    He seems a lot more confident this season, shame he took him not getting sign to gain the confidence. Maybe playing for the team he grew up watching (He's raised in Cambridge despite being American) put too much pressure on him. He seems really comfortable in Sarnia.

5. Mike Jones

Mike Jones Registered User

Writer Etc.
    He wasn't signed by the Avs and he passed through the 2011 draft - doesn't that make him a free agent? If a team like Montreal needs the depth couldn't they sign him right now?