Brandon Maxwell

R S

Sep 18, 2006
The former 6th round pick of the Avalanche went unsigned by the team over the summer after a pair of fairly disappointing years with Kitchener.

Well this year he seems to have either matured or simply rebounded. He's 10-2-1 with Sarnia and has a .929 sv% and 2.09 GAA.

Is it simply a product of his team, a better system or is it him that has improved?

Does a team take gamble and draft him in 2012? I always liked him as a prospect and was very excited when the Avs had originally picked him in 2009.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
The former 6th round pick of the Avalanche went unsigned by the team over the summer after a pair of fairly disappointing years with Kitchener.

Well this year he seems to have either matured or simply rebounded. He's 10-2-1 with Sarnia and has a .929 sv% and 2.09 GAA.

Is it simply a product of his team, a better system or is it him that has improved?

Does a team take gamble and draft him in 2012? I always liked him as a prospect and was very excited when the Avs had originally picked him in 2009.

I wouldn't mind the Habs spending a 6th round pick on him as they have no goalie depth.

JMcLeaf

When he was on Kitchener I felt like any shot could beat him. He just seemed like he had no confidence or he was just a bad goalie. But I saw him play last weekend and I was impressed. He seemed solid all around. I'd want to see him play some more though before I could decide if he's worth using a late pick on or not.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
He seems a lot more confident this season, shame he took him not getting sign to gain the confidence. Maybe playing for the team he grew up watching (He's raised in Cambridge despite being American) put too much pressure on him. He seems really comfortable in Sarnia.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
He wasn't signed by the Avs and he passed through the 2011 draft - doesn't that make him a free agent? If a team like Montreal needs the depth couldn't they sign him right now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad