Aug 8, 2012
AEF
probablty coulda gotten Bobby Ryan lol

Sens seem pissed aobut his deal now. I still like him *shrug*

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
A little shocked that, given the recent injuries and his draft pedigree, that we didn't even give him a look up here. No sleep lost over it, haha, but it's curious.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
In real terms, what do future considerations actually materialize as?

These deals always strike me as, "Hey, maybe throw us a solid later? If not, no big deal."

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
In real terms, what do future considerations actually materialize as?

These deals always strike me as, "Hey, maybe throw us a solid later? If not, no big deal."

Dorion buys Shero dinner the next time they're in the same city. I cannot imagine the Devils getting anything for Gormley in this deal.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Are there any known examples of actual future considerations being delivered, or is it just a polite way of shipping a guy out for nothing?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Only question is how this affects Albany for their playoff run. Was he an unimportant part of their defense?

For LD, they have Helgeson, Loov, Stollery, MacWilliam, MacDonald, and Auvitu). At RD, they currently have Mozik, Jacobs, and eventually Santini.

Gormley likely will never play ahead of any of those LD and MacWilliam seems to be the guy that transitions to RD. Gormley did play RD a few times, but he's played only 35 games and the Devils loaned him out for the Spengler Cup in Switzerland as well.

It definitely made sense to move on from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad