Confirmed with Link: Brandon Davidson Signed 3 Year ELC

hockeyaddict101

Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
We'll have basically a full roster and 13-15 spare contract spots if we re-sign Gagner, Dubnyk and Petry.

If they wanted Blain, they could fit him in.

Yes, I am sure if they really wanted him they would have signed him. I don't trust a lot of things about Oiler management but the amateur scouting has been excellent.

Going to trust them on this one.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Being that it's now June 1st, I'm pretty sure our rights with Blaine & Czerwonka have expired and will now be re-entering the draft, no?

Yeah, I would assume like most things the deadline was 12:00 EST today.

edit: It's actually 5 PM, by the looks of it.

Last edited:

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Being that it's now June 1st, I'm pretty sure our rights with Blaine & Czerwonka have expired and will now be re-entering the draft, no?

Yeah you are right. Does anyone draft them though or just sign them? I guess that is what we will watch to unfold now at the draft and on July 1st.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Yeah you are right. Does anyone draft them though or just sign them? I guess that is what we will watch to unfold now at the draft and on July 1st.

Will be interesting to see where Blain is drafted. mid 3d round is my guess.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Lol what? He'll for sure get drafted. I'd be very surprised if he goes after the 5th round.

Re-entries under the new CBA, with good reason, usually don't fare too well in the draft the second time around.

Most recent ones I can come up with: Will Colbert (2005), Trevor Hendrikx (2005), Masi Marjamaki (2005), Dany Roussin (2005), Eric Hunter (2006), Ashton Rome (2006), Jordan Bendfeld (2008), Teigan Zahn (2010).

There may be more, but it's not an inspiring list.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Re-entries under the new CBA, with good reason, usually don't fare too well in the draft the second time around.

Most recent ones I can come up with: Will Colbert (2005), Trevor Hendrikx (2005), Masi Marjamaki (2005), Dany Roussin (2005), Eric Hunter (2006), Ashton Rome (2006), Jordan Bendfeld (2008), Teigan Zahn (2010).

The redrafted prospects that DO turn out to have a good career are usually the ones who are not signed by their first club due to disagreement or other issues, not due to lack of interest from the club in signing them.

Stoll and Lombardi come to mind.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007

But Blain put up good numbers and already has 2 years of development under his belt. Any player picked outside the 2nd round will have more risk attached to him.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

There's always good stories like Jared Spurgeon. Who the Islanders didnt sign, but wound up as an invitee to the Wilds camp and went on to play 53 games for the big club that season.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
There's always good stories like Jared Spurgeon. Who the Islanders didnt sign, but wound up as an invitee to the Wilds camp and went on to play 53 games for the big club that season.

That's true, but that supports my argument about these guys' chances in the draft.

Not saying they can't become good players, but it's very rare, and most, if they get drafted at all, get taken much later.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
That's true, but that supports my argument about these guys' chances in the draft.

Not saying they can't become good players, but it's very rare, and most, if they get drafted at all, get taken much later.

Fair enough, it'll be interesting to see if Blaine does get another shot in the draft.

Other notables re-entering, Dman Troy Rutkowski and 2nd rounder Ludvig Rensfeldt.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
Fair enough, it'll be interesting to see if Blaine does get another shot in the draft.

Other notables re-entering, Dman Troy Rutkowski and 2nd rounder Ludvig Rensfeldt.

thats interesting, why didn't chicago sign him?

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I thought Rutkowski was pretty solid in the WHL finals.

Rensfeldt is a pretty big surprise. I haven't seen him play, but not signing a 2nd rounder is a big deal.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I thought Rutkowski was pretty solid in the WHL finals.

Rensfeldt is a pretty big surprise. I haven't seen him play, but not signing a 2nd rounder is a big deal.

Me too, but he is an older player and had guys like Pouliot and Morrow who seemed to carry the majority of the weight on the back end. Must not have progressed like the hoped.

Rensfeldt is definetley a surprise, he didnt put up great numbers with Yakupov and co in his OHL stint. But he's big and will likley get another look somewhere (probably based on his plans to play in NA next year).

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Me too, but he is an older player and had guys like Pouliot and Morrow who seemed to carry the majority of the weight on the back end. Must not have progressed like the hoped.

Rensfeldt is definetley a surprise, he didnt put up great numbers with Yakupov and co in his OHL stint. But he's big and will likley get another look somewhere (probably based on his plans to play in NA next year).

The Oilers love of Swedes and the fact he played with Sarnia makes me wonder if we take a flyer on him.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Where is he? Haven't seen his name amongst the campers. Injured? Haven't seen anything metioned on that either. Considering his history I hope it's just a typo or a lesser injury. Guy's had enough things going against him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad