Confirmed with Link: Brandon Davidson Signed 3 Year ELC

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Can't help but cheer for this kid, with his family being too poor to afford major junior and all, hope he makes the big leagues one day.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So where does he play next year? One of our 3 or 4 guys that have to go to Stockton?

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
If given a choice between Blain or Davidson, I can see why they went with the latter. But, yea, giving up d prospects is not an easy pill to swallow.

Skm

May 30, 2008
Edmonton
So where does he play next year? One of our 3 or 4 guys that have to go to Stockton?

You would hope that he might be able to push for a spot in OKC next year but yeah with all the bodies there he is more likely to start the year in Stockton.

CanadianCommie

Cold North Comrade
Jul 25, 2006
Sherwood Park, AB

Stockton seems a logical destination if he can't make a big splash at Barons camp.

Stockton's becoming a really solid stepping stone. the goaltenders pretty much always start there anyways, and it's a STRONG team (being paired with the Sharks prospect pool helps a lot). I don't mind that one bit if Davidson gets some quality development minutes there.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I was starting to worry that the Oilers wouldn't sign Davidson either with tomorrow being June 1st. It's pretty evident that the Oilers are building with character guys and are tired of guys who are more likely to take the focus away from just playing hockey. That's why Davidson got signed and not Blaine, it's why Omark is on his way out, and it's why they don't have guys like Souray on the team any more. I wouldn't be surprised if Belanger and Eager were moved at the draft for later round picks so the Oilers can grab role players who are more willing to fill their roles and be team players.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Good signing really like Davidsons game overall. I think with a few years in the minors he could be a solid NHLer one day.

Right now they have

Fedun
Marancin
Teubert
Plante RFA
Chorney UFA
Rodney UFA

Yeo AHL contract
Ringwald AHL contract
Helmer AHL contract

I am going to assume they start the year in OKC with

Teubert
Fedun
Marancin
Plante qualified
Davidson
Yeo
Helmer
Ringwald

I would assume then that they let go of Chorney and Rodney. Then OKC probably keeps Yeo although someone might toss a contract at him. OKC then signs Helmer,Ringwald and Probably Montgomery or Tulupov

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
Has it been categorically stated that Blaine won't be signed?

It looks like Czerwonka may not be signed either. Is there anyone else that needs to be signed before the deadline?

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Has it been categorically stated that Blaine won't be signed?

It looks like Czerwonka may not be signed either. Is there anyone else that needs to be signed before the deadline?

I think it was announced that both Blaine & Czerwonka won't be signed, and will be eligible to re-enter the draft.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Good signing really like Davidsons game overall. I think with a few years in the minors he could be a solid NHLer one day.

Right now they have

Fedun
Marancin
Teubert
Plante RFA
Chorney UFA
Rodney UFA

Yeo AHL contract
Ringwald AHL contract
Helmer AHL contract

I am going to assume they start the year in OKC with

Teubert
Fedun
Marancin
Plante qualified
Davidson
Yeo
Helmer
Ringwald

I would assume then that they let go of Chorney and Rodney. Then OKC probably keeps Yeo although someone might toss a contract at him. OKC then signs Helmer,Ringwald and Probably Montgomery or Tulupov

I don't know if Helmer will be coming back, he's gotta be close to 40 already.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Why won't Blain get an offer? They should have plenty of contract space this summer after they let walk a bunch of AHL guys.

I believe it was Stauffer who said the Oilers don't plan on offering contracts to Blain or Czerwonka a few days ago.

Other than possibly not liking his character, I don't really know why though.

Neilio

Navi-X, Google it
Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
With Blain its more about injury concerns. I don't think they wanted to risk a contract spot on him.

Selected by Edmonton Oilers round 4 #91 overall 2010 NHL Entry Draft

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008-09 Victoriaville Tigres QMJHL 27 1 3 4 0 -- -- -- -- --
2008-09 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 22 0 3 3 6 5 0 2 2 4
2009-10 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 64 4 34 38 72 5 2 2 4 10
2010-11 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 40 2 35 37 48 4 2 2 4 4
2011-12 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 29 6 18 24 54
2011-12 Victoriaville Tigres QMJHL 29 3 23 26 38
2011-12p Victoriaville Tigres QMJHL 4 0 2 2 6
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I believe it was Stauffer who said the Oilers don't plan on offering contracts to Blain or Czerwonka a few days ago.

Very strange indeed. He put up respectable offensive numbers. I guess they do not think his potential is all that high. Can't imagine they would let him go if they thought he had a top 4 potential.

hockeyaddict101

Jul 17, 2002
Visit site

How many contracts can we have 50 right?

The Oilers have other RFA's. Not everyone is going to be signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad