Claimed off Waivers: Brandon Davidson Claimed by Edmonton

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Seems early to be making an announcement like this (Don't the names come out at noon?) but Lavoie has been pretty good getting this information out.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Damn. I liked what I saw from him this year. Not a difference maker or anything but better than Morrow, should've just sent him down instead.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
In pre-season he looked sooooooooooooo bad. But actually played decent in the regular season games he has been in.

I am going to say someone claims him and takes a chance, he is a pending RFA, so if he does get you have some cost control, if not you can not qualify him and he goes on to be a UFA.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He's expensive (1.425 mill) so I doubt he gets claimed, but maybe a team is willing to do a one-for-one swap? Maybe if the Leafs do not like the price on Ian Cole, they'd trade Marincin for Davidson or something? About even cap, and about similar quality of player.

It's a lateral move that would be change of scenery more than anything though.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He's expensive (1.425 mill) so I doubt he gets claimed, but maybe a team is willing to do a one-for-one swap? Maybe if the Leafs do not like the price on Ian Cole, they'd trade Marincin for Davidson or something? About even cap, and about similar quality of player.

Why on earth would Montreal want to add Marincin?

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

If we're waiving him it's mostly because we don't want a contract back...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Habs needed to open a spot for Weber who is likely back. With Weber they would be at 24 so someone has to go and it looks like Morrow beat out Davidson. Since Morrow brings more offense and we sorely need more offense, it makes sense despite Davidson being an 0k 6th/7th type that is overpaid for what he brings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad