Brandon Bochenski retires

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Remarkably he spread it over 6 teams.

One of those guys who was a "name" without being relevant for anything in particular. His KHL career was noteworthy though.

HFSens has a board award for him!
Most overachieving preseason player!
Was one of those guys who in the AHL would look like a star but on a call up be absolutely useless

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
That guy shows the fine line between a very good NHL player and a non-NHLer.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
The pre-season Mario Lemieux. I remember Dean and Gord saying he might be a Rocket Richard winner if he kept his pace in the regular season :laugh:. He then Da Costa'd his way out of the league. Good riddance!

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
lol I just remember him being the all-time SLEEPER PICK when he was supposed to play with Spezza and Heatley.

Hawks managed to get rid of Tyler Arnason to get him and then get Kris Versteeg for him though so he's a good guy in my books.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
When the Bruins picked him up, it looked like he was ready to break out as a top 6 winger. 22 points in 31 games, pretty good shot, and only 23/24 at the time. Then he came into camp the following year having put on too much muscle mass...we started calling him Bochunkski. He lost flexibility, mobility, and looked awful.

He had a nice run overseas to salvage his career - good hockey player, just not good enough for the NHL. Good luck in retirement, Brandon.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
HFSens has a board award for him!
Most overachieving preseason player!
Was one of those guys who in the AHL would look like a star but on a call up be absolutely useless

Part of the Brandon Bochenski award is the ambiguity surrounding the award.

I thought it was "best preseason performance". ;) Chris Neil won it one year.

Those stats he put up with Heater and Spezza in preseason were legendary.

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
Didn't he have a highlight real goal like right after the lockout

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
now there's a name i haven't heard in years

i remember he was briefly with the ducks in 07-08. guy was awful

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I really do feel like he could have carved out a really nice role for himself in the NHL if he had landed in the proper situation, but it never happened for him. There are lots of guys like this that get into organizations that for whatever reason don't work for them. In the right environment, he could have been a 50-60 point winger during his prime years. He was exceptional everywhere else he played. Still likely made a great deal of money playing the game and had a career that a lot of players would be envious over. Good luck in retirement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad