Brady Tkachuk vs. Milan Lucic

Who would you rather have as an 18 year old if you were building a team?

• Total voters

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Lucic

Prime Lucic made the entire league go on a mad scavenger hunt for young power forwards and had a far bigger impact in games. As a Bruin's fan it was amazing to watch the defense hear the train coming and flub the puck in the corner to avoid the hit every single night

You're looking at a 30G, 60 point, 125 PIM, 250+ hit monster on the 1st line who could also throw with any heavyweight in the league.

His 2013 playoffs were a thing of beauty and the absolute peak of his game. He was a 1 man wrecking crew, especially against the Hawks

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Lucic was my favorite player in his prime. With all due respect to the 2010-11 Bruins, Lucic single-handedly changed the momentum of the Stanley Cup finals. Imagine Tom Wilson if he were the toughest guy in the league. That's prime Lucic.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Tkachuk doesn't have quite the intimidation factor of Lucic but he's more skilled while still being incredibly physical and hard to play against, and I expect him to be a top 6 player for longer. I'd take Lucic at his best right now, but that was also at 22 and 23. Tkachuk is about to play his age 22 season.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Tkachuk stepped into the league as a top 6 forward. I think his longevity would make him>Lucci

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I don't think you can give a guy who has spent 3 years in the league (also on a basement team) an argument for longevity.

It's projection though. Lucic aged poorly and didn't start as well as Tkachuk. Given how Tkachuk started his career, it seems likely he'll be a top 6 player for longer if he has a typical aging curve.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Lucic. Coming from a Sabres fan, he’s one of my least favorite players still in this league after the disgusting cheap shit he pulled on Miller.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I’m surprised to see so much support for Lucic here. If Tkachuk doesn’t end up atleast as good as Lucic I’m sure he’ll be considered a huge disappointment.

Maybe Tkatchuk will put up 30 goals and 60 points one day, which is nothing to sneeze at, but he'll never come close to dominating a game the way Lucic could. I don't think anyone would call that a disappoinment.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
18 year old Lucic for sure. Leagues best power forward, great locker room presence, and a very clutch offensive catalyst

He was a great 1st line winger for a decade before the wheels fell off

Seriously Lucic wasn't a great first line winger for a decade and at 18 Tkachuk was by far the better prospect and at the same stages in their careers he is also ahead by quite a bit.

Frankly I'm really surprised at the poll results as I don't think people really looked into it at all.

He has a run of 2 really good years, then a really crappy 12-13 then some okayish 4 years after that.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Lucic at his best was a 30/30 monster.

Brady isnt quite as intimidating but possesses a lot of the same qualities. I expect Brady to have a longer career at the top, as well as some better offensive numbers at his peak.

Brady by a thin margin.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Seriously Lucic wasn't a great first line winger for a decade and at 18 Tkachuk was by far the better prospect and at the same stages in their careers he is also ahead by quite a bit.

Frankly I'm really surprised at the poll results as I don't think people really looked into it at all.

He has a run of 2 really good years, then a really crappy 12-13 then some okayish 4 years after that.
Obviously Brady has the offensive potential to change this, but right now its hard not to salivate at the prospect of adding an 18 year old Lucic, who you know will become the top power forward in the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad