Proposal: Brady Tkachuk to Canucks for Lekkerimaki, Boeser, 1st 2025, 2nd 2026,

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If you listened to the segments and interviews that article had it wrong. Dreger literally said it was the Canucks who turned it down, and Seravelli/Freidman said the same thing.
Freidman:
The Penguins wanted to take that deal on but could not work out a deal with the Canucks, per Sportsnet’s Elliott Friedman.

“We know it was a hugely-complicated move, very difficult to pull off,” Friedman wrote in his 32 Thoughts earlier this week. “But, at the base of it all, the Canucks made a huge ask... I believe two firsts and a good prospect.”

Friedman concluded: “At the end of the day, I just don’t think the Penguins wanted to go there.”

RR44

Jan 29, 2024
Tkachuk has 4 years left until Free Agency and it looks like the Sens are nowhere near ready to be competitive. Those 4 years are likely going to be rebuild years. The premise of the proposal is if the Sens decide that they need to tear it down to the foundation.

The Offer:

Lekkerimaki , easily the Canucks' top prospect and one of the best prospects not in the NHL. He is coming off a season where he was the World Jrs MVP, Team MVP for his Orebro club in the SHL, Led all U-24 skaters in Goals in SHL. He is a couple of years away, stylistically his game compares to Pastrnak imo. He just carried a very bad Orebro team into the SHL playoffs. He led the team in scoring despite playing 6+ less games than most of the roster as he left for World Juniors in December.

Boeser- 27 yrs old. on pace for 40+ goals this season. Signed for 2 more years. Sens can easily flip him for a 1st round pick at the deadline either next season or the season after.

1st round pick , 2nd round pick

Essentially its a 3x 1st round pick value (Lekky, Boeser, 1st) + 2nd

Canucks go after Tkachuk who not only happens to be Quinn Hughes' best friend but also a player that plays a rugged and around the crease game that i think would compliment the Canuck superstars well.
Rutherford, Allvin and Tocchet would be rolling on the flooring laughing if Ottawa even considered this a possibility.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If Tkachuk wants out and ask for a trade this is a good return. I would obviously look around to see if someone else step up but that’s a very realistic return if Tkachuk is traded

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00