Proposal: Brady Tkachuk to Canucks for Lekkerimaki, Boeser, 1st 2025, 2nd 2026,

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Tkachuk has 4 years left until Free Agency and it looks like the Sens are nowhere near ready to be competitive. Those 4 years are likely going to be rebuild years. The premise of the proposal is if the Sens decide that they need to tear it down to the foundation.

The Offer:

Lekkerimaki , easily the Canucks' top prospect and one of the best prospects not in the NHL. He is coming off a season where he was the World Jrs MVP, Team MVP for his Orebro club in the SHL, Led all U-24 skaters in Goals in SHL. He is a couple of years away, stylistically his game compares to Pastrnak imo. He just carried a very bad Orebro team into the SHL playoffs. He led the team in scoring despite playing 6+ less games than most of the roster as he left for World Juniors in December.

Boeser- 27 yrs old. on pace for 40+ goals this season. Signed for 2 more years. Sens can easily flip him for a 1st round pick at the deadline either next season or the season after.

1st round pick , 2nd round pick

Essentially its a 3x 1st round pick value (Lekky, Boeser, 1st) + 2nd

Canucks go after Tkachuk who not only happens to be Quinn Hughes' best friend but also a player that plays a rugged and around the crease game that i think would compliment the Canuck superstars well.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Yeah I think if Tkachuk is traded it'll be for a big piece rather than quantity. Lekk is a good prospect but don't think it puts the Sens in a better position really.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Yeah I think if Tkachuk is traded it'll be for a big piece rather than quantity. Lekk is a good prospect but don't think it puts the Sens in a better position really.

When you say a "big piece" what exactly do you mean?

I dont think the Sens would trade Tkachuk for a similar aged top player, because they would just be in a similar place where they have a star wasting in its prime years only to be a UFA when they theoretically should be ready to compete (3+ years)

Lekky is only 19 so i guess maybe you mean a current big piece star thats like 22 yrs old right now?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Boeser is under contract for 1 more season, not 2. Ottawa would have to make the decision to commit to him or trade him within 8 months or so.

His deadline trade value is not certain. He's not a center or defenseman or power winger. Slippage in his production with new teammates and coaches would probably put him at Toffoli level.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Boeser is under contract for 1 more season, not 2. Ottawa would have to make the decision to commit to him or trade him within 8 months or so.

His deadline trade value is not certain. He's not a center or defenseman or power winger. Slippage in his production with new teammates and coaches would probably put him at Toffoli level.

Sorry you are right. 1 more season. So definitely next trade deadline he would be a big asset that Sens can flip. Even if its Tofolli level, which i think it will be more since Boeser is only 28 next year, a 2nd and 3rd is still good for a flip package.

Lekky, 1st 2025, 2x2nd, 3rd ( if Boeser is only a Tofolli return)

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

I dont think the Sens would trade Tkachuk for a similar aged top player, because they would just be in a similar place where they have a star wasting in its prime years only to be a UFA when they theoretically should be ready to compete (3+ years)

Lekky is only 19 so i guess maybe you mean a current big piece star thats like 22 yrs old right now?
Someone more proven, someone who is more of a sure bet young talent. Lekk is a good prospect but NHL upside is pretty unclear. I think it would be poor asset management from the Sens to make a deal like this as it would set the club back another 3-5 years (at least).

If they do choose to re-rebuild you have to nail the Tkachuk trade.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

I dont think the Sens would trade Tkachuk
for a similar aged top player, because they would just be in a similar place where they have a star wasting in its prime years only to be a UFA when they theoretically should be ready to compete (3+ years)

Nailed it!

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Sens if traded Brady would want a young centre prospect included plus probably 2 1sts. Boeser does nothing for them. It's a good package but not one that would entice Sens.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
A trade proposal that’s terrible for both sides?

Canucks have no interest in Tkachuk or letting go of that package for Tkachuk, likewise Ottawa won’t let go of Tkachuk for a package of stuff they don’t need currently

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If the Sens were thin throughout the lineup, I'd say yes but...they aren't which is what makes them being crappy more odd.

Last edited:

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Tkachuk has 4 years left until Free Agency and it looks like the Sens are nowhere near ready to be competitive. Those 4 years are likely going to be rebuild years. The premise of the proposal is if the Sens decide that they need to tear it down to the foundation.

The Offer:

Lekkerimaki , easily the Canucks' top prospect and one of the best prospects not in the NHL. He is coming off a season where he was the World Jrs MVP, Team MVP for his Orebro club in the SHL, Led all U-24 skaters in Goals in SHL. He is a couple of years away, stylistically his game compares to Pastrnak imo. He just carried a very bad Orebro team into the SHL playoffs. He led the team in scoring despite playing 6+ less games than most of the roster as he left for World Juniors in December.

Boeser- 27 yrs old. on pace for 40+ goals this season. Signed for 2 more years. Sens can easily flip him for a 1st round pick at the deadline either next season or the season after.

1st round pick , 2nd round pick

Essentially its a 3x 1st round pick value (Lekky, Boeser, 1st) + 2nd

Canucks go after Tkachuk who not only happens to be Quinn Hughes' best friend but also a player that plays a rugged and around the crease game that i think would compliment the Canuck superstars well.

Sabres could top this by a country mile. I would swap Oslund in, keep the picks and throw Quinn on top of the pile. The idea of Canucks fans saying no is laughable

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This likely isn't close at all. The Sens would need more than Boeser and futures/question marks for this type of deal. I'm sure other teams would have better prospects and higher picks to add on to their NHL caliber assets in such a trade.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
With Morris being out long term, it may be better to trade for more established C to replace in case he has career ending injury or surgery. Lekkeramki is good, but not established.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I like how Ottawa won’t be in a position to compete in four years while Vancouver was not competing a year ago.

The difference between the two teams is:

A GM in the running for GMOTY
A coach in the running for the Jack Adams
A second 100pt centre
A top 2 D in the league
A top 5 G in the league

The Sens have some good parts, but they're not exactly 1:1 comparable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad