Recalled/Assigned: Brady Tkachuk heading to the All Star Game

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
In his home town, and with his brother playing also! What a great story. Normally I'm pretty sour about the all-star game, but in this case it will be a great experience for BT. Happy for him and his family...

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

“We’re (excited), but I’m not as excited as my wife,” Keith Tkachuk said from the family’s St. Louis home Wednesday night. “She’s jumping around like a crazy madman right now.

“Nah, it works out great, it’s convenient and it’s perfect timing because Brady was planning on coming back to St. Louis anyway (on Thursday) and it’s a huge honour.

“I know he’s pretty pumped. I talked to him briefly once I found out. He’s excited and there’s nothing better than doing it for both the boys in their hometown. So it’s really exciting times for my wife and I.”

“(Brady) was planning to fly in from the Bahamas and I’m sure his legs won’t be feeling too good, and he was supposed to leave on Saturday, but this is just great. We got the phone call this afternoon and we’re pretty excited,” Keith said. “It’s a big thrill for us as a family and the boys are really pumped to play in a rink they grew up going to every day.

“This is a big event for us and this just adds to it.”

“Matthew has earned the right to be here and Brady’s worked hard and we’re really happy with where he’s at and where his team is,” Keith said. “We’re going to be pretty busy here. We’ve got a lot of activities going on.”

“(Chantal) has never been this happy, especially coming off last week, when we were all together, It’s been a great ride for us and she loves planning things and this just another way to get everybody together and have a little fun,” Keith said.

“Anytime you can have both your boys be part of something great like this, where they’re right up there amongst their peers, it’s a great thing. You never know what can happen down the line and to do it in your hometown is pretty damn special.”

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
You would think Brad Marchand would get the call instead? Brady is sure to add some fun and drama to the All star game but I think a few deserving players got left out this year.

Reactions: Matsens15 and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
In his home town, and with his brother playing also! What a great story. Normally I'm pretty sour about the all-star game, but in this case it will be a great experience for BT. Happy for him and his family...
Ok now it makes sense. There are lots of players playing alot better than he is ( i love brady) but was trying to figure out why he got the call.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The all star game is all about fun for the fans, and I’m sure St. Louis fans will enjoy watch a couple of their home grown kids play over A weasel from the Bruins.

We get the added bonus of watching Answer squirm about too!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
All sorts of feels good, nice to see. Interesting to see this group of best buds infiltrating the league.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Man, Quinn Hughes would have looked good in a Sens uniform also. He's everything we hoped that Brannstrom would be. Still happy with the Brady pick, of course, but I think that the Coyotes, Habs and Wings probably regret passing on him already...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Ok... so I don't really pay attention to the all star game these days, but shooting star event?

Shooting Stars is the league's brand-new event where eight NHL All-Stars and one member from each national women's team (more on that in a moment) will get seven attempts to shoot pucks at targets on the ice from an elevated platform approximately 30 feet above the ice, behind a goal. The targets will have different point values — points will be awarded if the puck hits a target or hits its base — and each player will get seven shot attempts.

This sounds like the dumbest thing ever. Wait, no I guess OV dressing up for the shootout was dumber, but this is also dumb.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Kind of surprised they chose Brady over Duclair, but it is pretty cool considering it's in St. Louis this year and his bro made it too.

These all star events I find boring as a fan, but if you are a player or a fan there in person, I bet it's a blast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad