Rumor: Brady Tkachuk frustrated with the Ottawa Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I actually didn't say that at all. I said the fact that he's frustrated that it is taking so long indicates that he does want to stay in Ottawa.

"Where did you get that from the tweet in the OP? If true, the fact that Brady is frustrated that it's taking so long would indicate he does want to stay in Ottawa."
Lmao what

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Oh that's my b, misread. Used to people shitting all over the team saying no one wants to play for them
No worries.

Yeah, my opinion as a non-Sens fan and seeing how he interacts with the team and the media is that he loves the team and his teammates and playing with guys like Norris and Stutzle, so I personally don't see him wanting to bail.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
No worries.

Yeah, my opinion as a non-Sens fan is that he loves the team and his teammates and playing with guys like Norris and Stutzle, so I personally don't see him wanting to bail.
Yeah I mean it has the potential to be a heck of a core with all the players coming up in the same age range, pretty high ceilings. From all accounts I've heard he loves being the guy here

Reactions: Rob Brown

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If this guy hits the market Ottawa should do well. Great player. I'd have him on the Oilers any day.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Are you not reading the post you quoted? I pretty clearly said that the fact that he's frustrated that the contract is taking so long to figure out would indicate that he DOES want to stay in Ottawa.

my bad, I read it wrong as well. Sorry.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Simmer and his sources

vmxpll66a3l31.jpg

Reactions: playasRus

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He’s such a good player, and likely the Sen’s next captain. Why in the world would Ottawa piss this guy off? Pay him extra. It’s not like the Sens will spend to the cap anyway. What’s the difference between 72 and 74 million out of an 82 mil cap?
31 teams will be lining up to get this guy.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
He’s such a good player, and likely the Sen’s next captain. Why in the world would Ottawa piss this guy off? Pay him extra. It’s not like the Sens will spend to the cap anyway. What’s the difference between 72 and 74 million out of an 82 mil cap?

Chances are this tweet is false, like most of his others are.

If you're a struggling journalist/reporter with no sources, what is the most obvious headline that may have some truth to it? The pre-season starts in 3-4 weeks, a big RFA remains unsigned.

Saying the Tkachuk camp is frustrated is common sense, no? I'm sure in an ideal world everyone who is unsigned would love to put pen to the paper early in the summer. Frustration doesn't need to mean unhappy.

Reactions: Fatass

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Speculation is it's more about term than money, which seem like a legitimate hang-up. We'll see how it shakes out, but I don't think this is "Ottawa being Ottawa".

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
8 year offers when you were clear about not wanting a long term deal is not a legitimate offer. A legitimate offer would be hearing that Brady wants a 2 year deal and offering a 4 year deal. He might still say no, but at least it was a legitimate offer that Brady could consider being close to his term desires. 8 probably feels like a slap in the face as if Melnyk isn’t trying.

If anyone wants to slap me in the face with 64 million they're welcome to it. I just think there's a distinction between getting exactly what you want and legitimacy. But thats semantics.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Relax keyboard warriors. After signing Batherson long term, expect Ottawa to sign Brady to 6 or 7 years within a week.

Reactions: Fatass

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
If anyone wants to slap me in the face with 64 million they're welcome to it. I just think there's a distinction between getting exactly what you want and legitimacy. But thats semantics.

You can get exactly what you want and it is legitimate. You can get close enough to what you want and it’s legitimate. When you offer something so out of the scope of what is palatable, it’s not legitimate. Brady can ask for 10 million, but that isn’t a legitimate ask, because he knows it’s not going to get offered. Just like offering an 8 year contract to a player who wants short term. It’s not a legitimate offer, and it’s silly to regard it as such

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You can get exactly what you want and it is legitimate. You can get close enough to what you want and it’s legitimate. When you offer something so out of the scope of what is palatable, it’s not legitimate. Brady can ask for 10 million, but that isn’t a legitimate ask, because he knows it’s not going to get offered. Just like offering an 8 year contract to a player who wants short term. It’s not a legitimate offer, and it’s silly to regard it as such

Thats why it’s a negotiation, offering term does not make it not legitimate. Lol at it being silly.

Also the tweeter said earlier in the week Boucher should report to the 67’s and not BU, when he had already reported to BU.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
American players hate playing in Canada

meh it’s never been an issue in Toronto. Tons of Americans have chosen to sign here as FA from college. Ufa and extended.

Toronto hasn’t lost an American to ufa that I can remember. JVR offered a paycut

Reactions: Devonator

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Thats why it’s a negotiation, offering term does not make it not legitimate. Lol at it being silly.

Also the tweeter said earlier in the week Boucher should report to the 67’s and not BU, when he had already reported to BU.

Offering something that is so blatantly unattractive that you know somebody won’t take is not a legitimate offer. Post an item on Craigslist, you will understand what a ‘non legitimate’ offer is really quick.

Not sure what Tyler Boucher has to do with this convo.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
meh it’s never been an issue in Toronto. Tons of Americans have chosen to sign here as FA from college. Ufa and extended.

Toronto hasn’t lost an American to ufa that I can remember. JVR offered a paycut

slightly off topic, but the raptors have had no problem attracting and retaining talent, and the stars in that league are outspoken divas.

Reactions: Devonator

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
slightly off topic, but the raptors have had no problem attracting and retaining talent, and the stars in that league are outspoken divas.

The Raptors used to be like the Sens though lol. The stars all left. Stoudamire, McGrady, Carter, Bosh. Alonzo Mourning refused to go to Toronto when he was in the Carter return iirc too.

Only recently have bigger names enjoyed playing in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad