Brady in discussions to become minority owner of Raiders

oknazevad

Dec 12, 2018
I'd imagine this scuttles his planned Fox Sports analyst job. Too much conflict of interest otherwise.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I'd imagine this scuttles his planned Fox Sports analyst job. Too much conflict of interest otherwise.
Why would anyone give up a ton of guaranteed money to sit in a board meeting with Mark Davis's ghoulish face, that's beyond me man

Reactions: DaveG

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Raiders worth $6.2B. Davis was offering Brady 10% ownerahip at $175m. Owners said no.

But looks like it's a matter of when, not if.
If it was say 1%, maybe the owners would be ok with that number. But, not at 10% where you are short nearly half a billion dollars based on market value.
Plus, Davis does not own a major chunk of the team. Other families have interests in the team, but I guess similar to Cuban's sale of the Mavs, it's the Davis family that is in control of the franchise.

Reactions: DaveG and mouser

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If it was say 1%, maybe the owners would be ok with that number. But, not at 10% where you are short nearly half a billion dollars based on market value.
Plus, Davis does not own a major chunk of the team. Other families have interests in the team, but I guess similar to Cuban's sale of the Mavs, it's the Davis family that is in control of the franchise.

AFAIk Davis owns 47%, so unless the owners of the other 53% band together and force a coup he's safe. They could very well be the type of people who don't really care how the team performs given the money they make.

Or Al Davis' Ghost haunts them every night.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I never thought Mark Davis was a smart cookie, but surely one of his accountants could explain to him why giving up $400m+ in franchise equity to get Tom Brady as a 10% owner is a bad financial move?

Reactions: LT and DaveG

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Brady's group expected to purchase 10% of team with $5.8b valuation, with Brady personally owning 7%. Final finance committee approval expected early March and sale finalized at league meetings late March.

Purchase would officially make Brady retired as active players cannot own team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Brady's group expected to purchase 10% of team with $5.8b valuation, with Brady personally owning 7%. Final finance committee approval expected early March and sale finalized at league meetings late March.

Purchase would officially make Brady retired as active players cannot own team.
Brady getting a deal. Figured the Raiders brand is worth more than the Commanders. Mark Davis dropping his share down to 37%. But, so long as he maintains control of the team, I guess that's all he cares about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad