Prospect Info: Brady Austin (2012, 193rd) – '15-16: Rochester #52 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Austin finished his first year of pro with 1+9 and a -16 rating in 66 AHL GP. To reboot his prospect info thread, here's a blurb from a February D&C article on Austin:
Austin has been given more ice time in recent weeks. There were growing pains early for the rookie, a seventh-round draft pick by the Sabres in 2012. He has been adapting and learning.

His goal on Wednesday was a bonus. He had just four assists through his first 40 games but read the situation perfectly after a turnover, joined William Carrier on the rush down the ice and converted his two-on-one pass with less than a second remaining in the period to break a 1-1 tie.

"I saw their forwards were all caught in our zone so I knew I could go," he said. "Willy made a great pass over two sticks."

His shot beat goalie Jacob Markstrom — and the clock — for his first pro goal. He didn't necessarily think he'd have many more at this point of the season, either.

"It's my first year in the league so I didn't know what to expect," he said. "I just wanted to play my role as a defensive defenseman and help out where I can."

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Buffalo's seventh-round pick in the 2012 NHL Draft, Austin (6'4", 230 lbs., 6/16/1993) will join the team for his first career NHL recall after recording nine points (2+7) and 36 penalty minutes in 61 games for the Amerks this season.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Guys, do you think Austin has a future on this team? I think he's looked solid while he's been up here, but how do you think his career path will end up?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
A Dream Come True For Brady Austin - Amerks.com

Following the second game of a back-to-back set with the St. John’s IceCaps earlier this month in Newfoundland, coach Dan Lambert had told three of the Amerks defensemen that one or two of them could be potentially recalled to Buffalo Sabres. Once the team landed in Toronto Sunday, Lambert informed Brady Austin and Casey Nelson they were not going to stay in Toronto with the team but rather would be going to join the Sabres in Detroit.

Later that night around 10:00 pm ET, the defensive duo arrived at the hotel, but for Austin it was just the beginning of his night as he tried to get some sleep prior to his first NHL game. Austin shared a room with second-year forward Sam Reinhart but the 6-foot-4, 234-pound defenseman cautioned Reinhart he snores and sometimes it can be loud.

“Around three in the morning, I woke up and saw Reinhart moving stuff into the bath tub to get away from my snoring,” said Austin. “I felt terrible because I did not want to keep him from getting a good night sleep, so on top of my excitement of playing my first game, I did not get much sleep after that.”

Prior to and then following the game against the Red Wings, Austin was able to spend some time with his mom and brothers, who made the near six-hour commute from his hometown of Bobcaygeon, Ontario. Making my debut was definitely a dream come true and very special not only for me but my family,” said Austin. “To play my first NHL game in Joe Louis Arena in one of the last games at that place, it was awesome. Having my family here…it was pretty emotional, but overall it was pretty cool.”

After 199 career games over the course of the last three seasons with the Amerks, Austin made quite the splash in his first shift in the NHL by hitting Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader. “The game really started out like I had hoped,” said Austin. “After I got that hit early on, it helped me settle in for the rest of the game. I felt pretty comfortable out on the ice.”

Rest Of The Article - http://www.amerks.com/articlef/ A DREAM COME TRUE FOR BRADY AUSTIN

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
A Dream Come True For Brady Austin - Amerks.com

Following the second game of a back-to-back set with the St. John’s IceCaps earlier this month in Newfoundland, coach Dan Lambert had told three of the Amerks defensemen that one or two of them could be potentially recalled to Buffalo Sabres. Once the team landed in Toronto Sunday, Lambert informed Brady Austin and Casey Nelson they were not going to stay in Toronto with the team but rather would be going to join the Sabres in Detroit.

Later that night around 10:00 pm ET, the defensive duo arrived at the hotel, but for Austin it was just the beginning of his night as he tried to get some sleep prior to his first NHL game. Austin shared a room with second-year forward Sam Reinhart but the 6-foot-4, 234-pound defenseman cautioned Reinhart he snores and sometimes it can be loud.

“Around three in the morning, I woke up and saw Reinhart moving stuff into the bath tub to get away from my snoring,†said Austin. “I felt terrible because I did not want to keep him from getting a good night sleep, so on top of my excitement of playing my first game, I did not get much sleep after that.â€

Prior to and then following the game against the Red Wings, Austin was able to spend some time with his mom and brothers, who made the near six-hour commute from his hometown of Bobcaygeon, Ontario. Making my debut was definitely a dream come true and very special not only for me but my family,†said Austin. “To play my first NHL game in Joe Louis Arena in one of the last games at that place, it was awesome. Having my family here…it was pretty emotional, but overall it was pretty cool.â€

After 199 career games over the course of the last three seasons with the Amerks, Austin made quite the splash in his first shift in the NHL by hitting Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader. “The game really started out like I had hoped,†said Austin. “After I got that hit early on, it helped me settle in for the rest of the game. I felt pretty comfortable out on the ice.â€

Rest Of The Article - http://www.amerks.com/articlef/ A DREAM COME TRUE FOR BRADY AUSTIN

So.... we know why Reinhart was late to the meeting :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
It's Brady Austin's fault!

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Not much hotel time in the AHL, they don't have many consecutive games on the road. Bus in to most cities on the day of a game, get back on the bus after the game back to Rochester.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
He earned another years contract not looking too out of place. Need a lot more time to see if he is NHL capable, but nothing really scared me away

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Weird I could have sworn I posted this info here sometime yesterday.

Guess you can lock or delete this thread now as Brady Austin is no longer in the Sabres family - good luck to him with the Blue Jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad