News Article: Brad Shaw

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I had no idea who Mike Poepping was prior to this article and I have to say my life has not been enriched due to his introduction.

I've seen more insightful opinions on the trade board.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
I had no idea who Mike Poepping was prior to this article and I have to say my life has not been enriched due to his introduction.

I've seen more insightful opinions on the trade board.

Nor have I, and i know certain sources are blasted right off HF's boards per say but seriously, why is Shaw year after year retained? There has to be better assistants out there who have a clue. He's been here since 2006.

Last edited:

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Shaw runs the defense, it's not like he's been overly bad. You want someone on your staff with knowledge of the system and stability. He's also probably well liked among the players.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I can't believe I just wasted my time reading that. What a crock. Shaw runs the defense. That's why he's still here, because our defense has been our bread and butter. It's why we're able to compete night in and night out with our alarming lack of secondary scoring. I like how the author just randomly assumes Tarasenko and Schwartz's continued development is going to fix our secondary scoring issues. Last time I checked, secondary scoring came from your third and sometimes fourth lines. Your top six guys are all expected to produce. I'm genuinely curious what exactly he's done to warrant firing? Shaw wasn't the problem at all. If we manage to bring in Mitch Korn, everybody is going to forget about Hirsch anyway. Korn is the best in the business, so if we can get him that's a win in my book.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
I can't believe I just wasted my time reading that. What a crock. Shaw runs the defense. That's why he's still here, because our defense has been our bread and butter. It's why we're able to compete night in and night out with our alarming lack of secondary scoring. I like how the author just randomly assumes Tarasenko and Schwartz's continued development is going to fix our secondary scoring issues. Last time I checked, secondary scoring came from your third and sometimes fourth lines. Your top six guys are all expected to produce. I'm genuinely curious what exactly he's done to warrant firing? Shaw wasn't the problem at all. If we manage to bring in Mitch Korn, everybody is going to forget about Hirsch anyway. Korn is the best in the business, so if we can get him that's a win in my book.

Wold love to see Korn here but he's probably going to go wherever Trotz lands.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
All due respect to Mr. Pooping, but Shaw is in charge of the defense, which has been pretty solid during his tenure, so I wouldn't call him the problem.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
The guy who wrote the story really is uneducated on the Blues.

The funny thing is he is not the only one who thinks Shaw runs the PP.

Well whomever runs it should be fired. Time to vent: Mueller will not make a difference. This whole charade of rebuilding that last decade has just been another tease to sell tickets in a small market. Once the widow to win it all closes on current core and that will been sooner then later, and Stillman will want out just like every owner since the Solomans did in 1977. This is a cursed franchise, and will remain cursed until Bobby Orr, Scotty Bowman, and Al Arbour passes. I miss Bob Gassoff also.

I apologize for posting this article mods and to everyone else who posted for me starting this asinine article about Brad Shaw.

Last edited:

BlueSinceBirth

Jul 4, 2006
Well whomever runs it should be fired. Time to vent: Mueller will not make a difference. This whole charade of rebuilding that last decade has just been another tease to sell tickets in a small market. Once the widow to win it all closes on current core and that will been sooner then later, and Stillman will want out just like every owner since the Solomans did in 1977. This is a cursed franchise, and will remain cursed until Bobby Orr, Scotty Bowman, and Al Arbour passes. I miss Bob Gassoff also.

I apologize for posting this article mods and to everyone else who posted for me starting this asinine article about Brad Shaw.

He was.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

It's okay...you're allowed.:)

This board is quite capable of policing itself.:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad