Brad Ross - Portland Winterhawks

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
how will this guy do at the pro level?... I loved watching him play the past few seasons in Junior and am extremely curious to see how he does in toronto(leafs and/or marlies). Who is someone you all think he is compared to? I've read he is compared to a Darcy Tucker.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
He doesnt have the offensive numbers that Tucker had in jr.

Hopefully we turns out to be a decent, reliable pest for us who can pot a few goals.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
He doesnt have the offensive numbers that Tucker had in jr.

Hopefully we turns out to be a decent, reliable pest for us who can pot a few goals.

:shakehead Shane Doan was on Tucker's Jr. teams and he didn't have the offensive numbers that Tucker had in jr... What does that tell you about reading into numbers?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Steve Ott probably, although Ross can't play centre. I think Ross has 20 - 20 upside while putting up 100+ PIMs. I think his offensive ability is underrated.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
He's will be a 2nd line player, 20-goal scorer who crashes the net, grinds in the corner and draws/takes a ton of penalties. He'll be the kind of player everyone wants on their team.

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
Bottom six pest and agitator. Love these kind of players. Can probably pot 15-20G per season.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
He's still not strong enough for the NHL. He's a few years in the AHL away from getting to that level.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Brad Marchand-esque would be terrific.

Except Ross actually fights and isn't a coward. Marchand is so ridiciously overrated on this board it's not even funny.

He's a little p****y that hides behind Lucic, Chara, McQuaid, and Thornton whenever he decides to ruffle feathers.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Except Ross actually fights and isn't a coward. Marchand is so ridiciously overrated on this board it's not even funny.

He's a little p****y that hides behind Lucic, Chara, McQuaid, and Thornton whenever he decides to ruffle feathers.

So you're telling me... He agitates the opponent while scoring 20 goals a season? You don't have to fight every person to be an agitator. Let's not forget that Marchand isn't exactly huge at 5'9 180ish. He plays very smart for a player of his stature and it doesn't hurt that he has offensive skill. I think if Ross plays somewhat of a similar style (getting under the opponent's skin while scoring goals), I'd be happy with that.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
So you're telling me... He agitates the opponent while scoring 20 goals a season? You don't have to fight every person to be an agitator. Let's not forget that Marchand isn't exactly huge at 5'9 180ish. He plays very smart for a player of his stature and it doesn't hurt that he has offensive skill. I think if Ross plays somewhat of a similar style (getting under the opponent's skin while scoring goals), I'd be happy with that.

Exactly. Even if Marchand "hides", he does his job very, very well.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region

I'm not saying anything about his scoring touch, but most agitators that are worth their salt fight more than 3 times over 2 seasons.

Tucker wasn't exactly big either (5'10 170 lbs) but most of the time he backed up his excessive chirping by taking on middleweights AND heavyweights if it meant giving his team a much needed shot in the arm. Does Marchand do any of that? That's what a pest/agitator is suppose to do from time to time.

Ross has the same game as Marchand, except that he actually loves to fight. Something ratboy refuses to do more often than not.

IBLeaf*

In any case, Burke doesn't employ rats.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
I'm not saying anything about his scoring touch, but most agitators that are worth their salt fight more than 3 times over 2 seasons.

Tucker wasn't exactly big either (5'10 170 lbs) but most of the time he backed up his excessive chirping by taking on middleweights AND heavyweights if it meant giving his team a much needed shot in the arm. Does Marchand do any of that? That's what a pest/agitator is suppose to do from time to time.

Ross has the same game as Marchand, except that he actually loves to fight. Something ratboy refuses to do more often than not.

So what? That's the whole point of being a pest. It gets to the opponent more NOT to fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad