Confirmed with Link: Brad Ross leaves TOR Org. Signs in DEL

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
@KyleTheReporter: Looks like Brad Ross' time in Toronto is over. Signed with club in Germany http://t.co/s2C1O0oUqr

- Think most had hopes for this kid. Looked real good in junior, and fell off.

3rd wheel on a line with Johansen and Baerstchi.

Kind of like Bittner with Petan and Bjorkstrand.

Either way, add this to Jesse Blacker and Kenny Ryan 2nd round busts this organization has had.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Aren't these guys with 3rd line ceilings supposed to be safe picks? All of them have busted. Why the **** are we drafting them then?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Brian Burke actually traded Jimmy Hayes to get this pick, then went on about how great he was.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Quite the disappointment. Great junior player but he was fairly bad in the AHL overall and couldn't stay healthy or have any impact.

Such a shame.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This was a bad read and pick in retrospect. Ross played on a line with Ryan Johansen and Nino Niederreiter in Portland. Safe to say it wasn't him that made that line go.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
You should get a player at 43rd overall. Bad scouting is bad.

2014 Ryan MacInnis
2013 Nicolas Petan
2012 Ludvig Bystrom
2011 Brandon Saad
2010 Brad Ross
2009 William Wrenn
2008 Justin Schultz
2007 PK Subban
2006 Riley Holzapfel
2005 Michael Blunden
2004 Michael Funk

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I thought we were doing the Detroit model where we were leaving prospects in the minors for extended periods to fully develop and not because they were busting .

another wasted pick from the genius Burke

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Brian Burke actually traded Jimmy Hayes to get this pick, then went on about how great he was.

The hilarious part was some of the justification was Burke's sibling theory. Jimmy now plays in Florida and Kevin left the Hawks for the Rangers.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I thought we were doing the Detroit model where we were leaving prospects in the minors for extended periods to fully develop and not because they were busting .

another wasted pick from the genius Burke

Leafs are notorius for picking the "other" guy.
Columbus gets Johanson, we get his linemate Ross.
Toronto picks Biggs, Columbus takes his linemate Jenner.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Aren't these guys with 3rd line ceilings supposed to be safe picks? All of them have busted. Why the **** are we drafting them then?

that's what i keep getting told :laugh:

unfortunately for us just because a player lacks talent it doesn't make him a lock to be a NHLer

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Arizona gets Domi, Leafs get Marner.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Arizona gets Domi, Leafs get Marner.

I hope so. In this case I feel Arizona got the other guy.
Mind you in this case Domi is still head and shoulders above Ross and Biggs and Domi really isn't the other guy in this case.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

Burke kept taking grinder/energy players and kept saying he believed they have more talent/upside than other scouting reports believe .

Ross
Ryan
Biggs

all wasted picks , lets hope the goat isn't added to that list

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Burke kept taking grinder/energy players and kept saying he believed they have more talent/upside than other scouting reports believe .

Ross
Ryan
Biggs

Sidney Crosby wouldn't have told the kid to not to Harvard and stick with the NHL if he was a bust

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010

Ross
Ryan
Biggs

The goat has elite defensive sense, is strong on the dot, big time size, and great pk ability. These listed guys had their perks, but didn't really have a niche to fall back on. Gauthier could learn to shoot and skate and become a Jarrett Stoll type player. If he doesn't he could probably be a David Steckel-type player next season. One thing I took from Dubas is he spoke about eliminating the pigeon-holing of players (he'll be a bottom six center or he'll be a third line winger type mentality). I think Gauthier goes to the AHL and they tell him to be Ryan Kesler (aka, the best he can be, not the best 3C he can be), give him the resources needed to achieve that goal, and see what comes out of the oven. He is basically patient X for this experiment because they have the physical freak, time to see what their coaches, trainers, etc can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad