Player Discussion Brad Marchand X- Return of the Rat

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
When they scored with a goalie without a stick? Of course. Then watched replays wondering why Samsonov didn’t complain about it to confirm it. So nothing to stir about. Not sure what you were trying to start

Saw a replay from behind the goal. Commentator said it was Heinen that hit Samsonov's stick. It looked that way. Must have been on NHL network.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
There was a time we weren't sure if he'd HOF. Now it's gonna be a question of first ballot or not. He's getting in that territory.

If health treats him well, he's gonna break every Bruin playoff record till Pasta rebreaks them.
I'm not sure regarding HHOF.

I'm pretty sure there are players that have 100 more goals that Marchand who aren't in.....yet.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm not sure regarding HHOF.

I'm pretty sure there are players that have 100 more goals that Marchand who aren't in.....yet.

Marchand is definitely in.

2x AS-1, 2x AS-2
premier 2 way forward and PK'er of his era
3,5,5,6 point finishes
4,6,6 goal finishes
Cup, WJC gold, WC gold (only reason he doesnt have an olympic gold is because the league doesnt play in them)

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Marchand is definitely in.

2x AS-1, 2x AS-2
premier 2 way forward and PK'er of his era
3,5,5,6 point finishes
4,6,6 goal finishes
Cup, WJC gold, WC gold (only reason he doesnt have an olympic gold is because the league doesnt play in them)
All valid points, but.......he's also got that reputation! Remember, it's the writers that vote for HOF and you know what stinkers they can be!

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I already put video up hereof that play.Matthews did it for sure .
I'm not denying that Matthews knocked it out, there was a better angle shown where Heinen does hit the goalie stick on his way by, but only after Matthews already knocked it out of Samsonovs hands. Completely unintentional.

Just mentioning because I think that's where the confusion by the announcers/the poster came from.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I have been to somewhere close to 2000 Bruins games and I’ve seen a hundreds of hall of fame players from those 1960’s Toronto Cups teams with Keon, Pulford, Armstrong, Baun, and Bower to todays guys.

Yet I haven’t seen to many players better then Brad Marchand. This guy is high end - elite. He’s a guy you pay to watch - he’s charismatic. If you are a Bruins fan and get jerseys you got to have a Marchand - they sell thousands

Been to HOF several times and go into plaque room and see all sorts of HOF I watched live many times - and never thought watching they were HOF; but there they are

It’s subjective I get it - Marchand not getting in would be a farce

the Bruins are kind of an iconic franchise and Brad Marchand is one of greatest players

The Hall is a museum and when visitors walk thru they will glaze over most honorees stopping at a Lafleur, Gretzky, maybe a Clark Gilles or Rod Langway or Peter Stastny - but Marchand is a player people will stop and have an opinion

Also he’s a great story and unique character in the game

Last edited:

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011

Interesting that Gretzky mentions Theoron Fleury...who isn't in the hall of fame. I watched him plenty of times live, and he and Marchand really do have a lot in common (on the ice). Fleury was a killer...such an amazing finisher...constantly winning battles against players much larger than him. Just an electric hockey player. You always knew when he was on the ice...just an absolute PITA to play against.

I remember watching Marchand on TV when he first started with the B's and thinking "This guy is going to be an absolute star...he's the next Fleury". Probably the only time I've ever been right about a player in my life, lol.

Watching Marchand troll players, coaches, and fans, and the entire lower mainland of B.C. year after year is just so absolutely enjoyable. SO thankful that he plays for the B's.

Reactions: DKH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad