Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes Marchy, better rest up for the PO's.

Also tho unrelated, NHL is smart. Never suspend Crosby that way he never has a history of suspensions.

reece.JPG

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
:laugh: thanks for ruining my morning coffee and making me wear it :laugh: day made

Ahahah, it had a similar effect on me!!! :laugh:

Problem with the bolded is that many of his "incidents" weren't considered incidents for other players.

At the very least, 50% of his suspensions have been reaches by the league, with either no precedent or no follow through when other players did the same thing.

Exacta-mundo.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I figured one game was coming, not surprised at two...but I hate the inconsistency. Seems like the league is reaching to find an explanation that justifies two games, and the wheel of justice continues.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Well we know DOPS is a joke. We know this. But Brad put himself in this position. So take the punishment and learn from it. He was an idiot to even do that in a big game.

Smarten up buddy. Rest up well. Study and come back fresh and ready to roll.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mean it was basically a circumcision

I consider myself a homer but I mean I don't know what we are arguing here. Marchand is a rat who does rat things. He had a 3 year clean stretch but outside of that there is a laundry list of incidents. I'm completely alright with him being the way he is- he is one of my favorites on the team and I'm on the record as calling him the most electric player to watch in the league before the season-but he totally deserves the suspension. He already arguably gotten away with one this year

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I have a huge issue with this suspension. It was a dirty move but how do you justify suspending Marchand for 2 games when the precedent has long been just a fine on a nut shot? Hell Crosby got away with it himself not too long ago, no suspension of course. If you wanna change how you handle nut shots, fine, but don't change the punishment at the very end of the season. Wait until the next season and then starting calling things consistently.

It's because Marshy has history of doing stupid things. If he had no history, then no suspension. He's lucky he didn't get suspended for that slew foot. I love Marshy, but he's lucky just to get 2 games.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Kind of hard for Crosby to get suspended 6 times like Marchand when he's constantly and consistently forgiven for his dirty plays simply because he's the face of the league.

I do not like that logic from him at all.

I didn't read it quite the way you did, although I'll allow I could have misread it. I thought he was summarizing the DOPs clumsy line of thinking rather than providing his own line of thinking. Regardless, can't disagree with what you said. It's hard to say Crosby avoids suspensions because his record shows he doesn't have any...when he's never suspended! That's some grade A certified circular BS right there.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I'm fine with this. No playoff games missed.

Not gonna homer it up about what a travesty it is. He's an idiot who can't stay off the radar.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
We were the bad boys in 2011 and rallied around that.

NHL might rue this...... the boys picked up Marchy against TB -- think they'll continue to do that. Think this might just make it an "us against the world" team.

Hope so!!!

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
What kinds of nut taps are you accustomed to? That was full on testicle assault and battery.

This too.

If people want to make a big thing about how Dosche (whatever the **** it is...) is "faking" or "playing it up", take a second and recognize that particular nut shot. That was particularly brutal. As Bill Burr said in the Monday Morning Podcast, a "full on uppercut to the ball bag".

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This too.

If people want to make a big thing about how Dosche (whatever the **** it is...) is "faking" or "playing it up", take a second and recognize that particular nut shot. That was particularly brutal. As Bill Burr said in the Monday Morning Podcast, a "full on uppercut to the ball bag".

He went 3rd world Tebow on that poor guy. At least the chance of stds for him will decline. I'm a Glass half full kinda guy

Not sure the 2011 Bruins became the bad boys by crotch chopping...that's not even that bad, it's just weasely. It's More 2011 canucks than 2011 Bruins imo

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Kind of hard for Crosby to get suspended 6 times like Marchand when he's constantly and consistently forgiven for his dirty plays simply because he's the face of the league.

I do not like that logic from him at all.

This is exactly where i fall on this. Marchand has earned his suspension, and his reputation too. But the league has done an awful lot to keep Crosby's rap sheet clean, at least as far as DOPS is concerned.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
This too.

Far enough. No defending Marchy on this.

However if Crosby's assault on Reilly wasn't a "full on uppercut to the ball bag" the Reilly carries his balls in his hip pocket.

And I wonder how OTT feels about Methot's finger --- impacted their end of season and PO chances a bit???

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
This is why you shouldn't punish based on history but on the actual offense

So from now on marchand is suspect to exponentially increasing suspensions for plays that would otherwise be a 2 minute minor for any other player?

And because Crosby and other players who commit the same act are never punished by the league, they'll always be let off the hook?

That's incredibly asinine

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I think the punishment is a tad excessive, considering he also missed most of the Tampa game.

The nut shot was bad enough, but to go over after the fact and poke Dotchin in the face with his stick was awful.

Rask took some flak for faltering down the stretch (before righting the ship); by the same token I think Marchand deserves flak for doing these things, often at really inopportune times. His suspension before the Winter Classic not only contributed to an embarrassing loss, it soured what was supposed to be a major event.

I really hope his latest shenanigans don't contribute to the B's having to face Washington, and thus having a really short playoff.

His teammates bailed him out nicely against Tampa, and I'm sure they know his value to the team. But I cannot imagine they are happy about having to play these last two games without their leading scorer over something so dirty and meaningless.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
After Chara and Marchand were speared in the nuts at the end of a game, because "why not," and received only fines this is blatant bush league stuff. Throw on Crosby getting nothing for a nut shot makes it even more laughable.

At the end of the day, I would have begrudgingly accepted a 1 game and not said much about it - being Brad and getting his money's worth...but two games for something everyone else has gotten a fine for is pathetic.

Especially irritating because Bruins have recently received no justice when they were on the receiving end. Bush league.

Whatever. Give the league the finger and rest up for the playoffs.

I wish the Bruins would call the league out though, it's not like they can get more of a raw deal. 2 games for a fine offense...*shakes head*...blatant...

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I think the punishment is a tad excessive, considering he also missed most of the Tampa game.

The nut shot was bad enough, but to go over after the fact and poke Dotchin in the face with his stick was awful.

Rask took some flak for faltering down the stretch (before righting the ship); by the same token I think Marchand deserves flak for doing these things, often at really inopportune times. His suspension before the Winter Classic not only contributed to an embarrassing loss, it soured what was supposed to be a major event.

I really hope his latest shenanigans don't contribute to the B's having to face Washington, and thus having a really short playoff.

His teammates bailed him out nicely against Tampa, and I'm sure they know his value to the team. But I cannot imagine they are happy about having to play these last two games without their leading scorer over something so dirty and meaningless.

Good point, it was essentially a 3 game ban for an offense that has been established "this season" as a fine (if you're not Crosby or Marchand).

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Whatever. The next nut shot won't get a suspension. I 100% believe Brad being on 39 all but guaranteed he got 2 games. The NHL was able to send a message by denying him any chance of reaching 40

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
honestly if someone on another team did this to one of ours.... id want a suspension. if that guy had the rep marchand has id want an example made

i have no problem with suspending this type of play

marchand is lucky hes not a 20 point per year guy cause then hes matt cooke or sean avery and none of us are supporting him

but at 60-80 points hes worth the biting and slew footing and occassional stick work

it is part of his game... it will rear its ugly head probably every season... he will get some suspensions

but thats who he is

Hopedalebru

Mar 21, 2017
The NHL fails as usual. This gets the same suspension or worse than a headshot.

The NHL takes the easy path generally. Enough people hate Marchand to make this logical. The Bruins are in the playoffs as well. I hope Marchand laughed at them and hung up the phone.

Doubt we see future spears get anything.

Seriously? Laugh and hang up...he'd better learn a lesson from this one and stop with the ******** for the sake of the team. He deserved the suspension and is lucky he didn't get more. He is far too talented to get on with this nonsense and the bruins need him, so just perhaps he should not have laughed and hung up....

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I get Marchand did a dirty play.OK he was suspended What bothers me is Giordano sticks his leg out and takes out knee of Fowler nothing .Crosby takes the finger off Methot and nothing.Math 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad