News Article: Brad Marchand on Bruins' record, favorite Ninja Turtle, more

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

When I was a kid, I watched Secret of the Ooze every single day. I thought it was a cinematic masterpiece.

However, in hindsight, the original film is far superior.

Favorite turtle used to be Donatello, but now I feel like Raphael is a more complex and relatable character.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Donatello was always my favorite. I will always love those live action movies.

I'm also a Super Mario Bros movie fan which I know is controversial. I wonder what Brad thinks lmaooo
Same, Donatello was intelligent and could fight. I still call dibs when I play the arcade game with my kids or friends

Reactions: Mione134

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The other day, a customer brought in ( i own a comic book store ) a 1st print of TMNT #1 from 1984 and wanted to know how much for it. His jaw dropped when I showed him the prices of what it's currently going for at a high grade. He'll send it away for grading and then to an auction house, where he'll get to turn that in for a real house once it sells.

Cool to see Brad is a fan! Great interview.

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I wasn’t expecting that “The Patriot” would be his favorite movie. Not a bad one.

He’s a fan of the Turtles, huh? I still have some of the black and white comics from the ‘80s before they became a global phenomenon.

The creators are originally from Massachusetts, I believe.

1678379600831.png

Raphael was my favorite.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I wasn’t expecting that “The Patriot” would be his favorite movie. Not a bad one.

He’s a fan of the Turtles, huh? I still have some of the black and white comics from the ‘80s before they became a global phenomenon.

View attachment 665910
Raphael was my favorite.

out in Northampton where son #1 lives.
They actually are installing 4 custom sewer covers on the main st to honor the 4 turtles.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

View attachment 665910
Raphael was my favorite.

Peter Laird was born in Massachusetts.

Kevin Eastman was born in Maine.

At the time of Turtles creation, they were living between Dover, NH where Laird was and Northampton, MA where Eastman was living.

So the three states kind of like to take part ownership of the Turtles and since it's from this area of the world, you'll see a lot of Turtles related stuff pop up in old collections, which is kind of cool. There was a gentlemen who owned a comic shop here in Brunswick, Maine in the 80's/90's who got the original printer's proof copy of TMNT #1 from a print shop employee in Biddeford, who traded it at the time for just store credit. Stan ( the owner of the shop ) recently sold it during the pandemic for a nice chunk of cash.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

I really don't get what is being said here. In March of last year, he was going to need hip surgery, but he is being quoted as saying he thought he would be where he was last year at this point. Is there someone being misquoted? That sounds like he is feeling worse than last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad