News Article: Brad Marchand Named Captain

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Chara to Bergeron to Marchand to McAvoy

I was a tad surprised they named one this season. That said, centennial season would be weird not to have one.

I already love how mad this is making dorks online, too.
It will be interesting to see what they do with the A's as they've always had one guy with the permanent A and have been rotating the second since 2012 when Krejci and Kelly split it.

He is so deserving to wear the “C” congrats to Brad for receiving the honor. The Centennial season looks to be a memorable one for the new captain while he is closing in on 1000 games, he has a number of other milestones within reach this season as well.

bergeronsboys

Jan 10, 2014
ON
Love Marchy and really hope he takes it to another level wearing the C for the Bruins. He’s always defied expectations and he’ll have to never take a shift off again if he wants to follow up Bergeron!

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Carlo
Pasta
Lucic

?
I think McAvoy will have a full time A with Pasta and Carlo rotating the other. I'd bet Coyle will be in the mix, too. Lucic will be a vocal leader in the room but he won't see the ice in enough important situations to warrant a letter.

Big congrats to Marchand. I'm on record saying he wouldn't be my pick, but his emotions are something the team can rally behind. Now that it's official I'm excited to see him in the role, and more excited to see the rest of the league react lol. Probably going to need a Marchand jersey with the C now, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad