Brad Marchand having a good time in Montreal

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
of all the places near Montreal that you don't want your leadership group going, that is for sure one. that place has been biker run and owned since the start.

OutspokenMinority*

Brad fan. Don't like to pick on these sorts of things usually, but at 27, this has the feel of a problem. If he finds a way to stay clean (relatively) during the season, meaning it has exactly zero effect on his play, then it's nobody's business but his own.

However, if the overall effect, including hangovers, distractions and general fitness, is a reduction in performance on the ice, then it officially becomes pathetic. He is close to the crossroads point on this kind of behavior. 30 year old dudes dancing shirtless like they invented the concept is embarrassing and indicative of maturity issues.

Also, you Ryder types are not off the hook. Burning during the day almost always makes you sluggish at game time. So, you know, keep an eye out for that.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
hey the Beach club, go Brad, yes MTL is the best city to party and Boston people are always welcome.

Last edited:

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
It is none of my business.

It is when he does not perform for me as his employer.

As a professional athlete he should be aware of the media scoop hunters out there. That and also there must be some clause in an athlete's contract regarding injuries that don't occur on the ice.

I would only ask if the video is by the media or is it by a friend? From that I would come up with another question. Stupid is what stupid will be.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Had to google Beach Club Montreal to see where exactly this place is. Turns out it's just a few minutes down the road from where I live . I'm old.

I did also. Pointe Calumet I know as having a water park and some beaches. As a teenager and older I never went when my friends.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
to be fair to Brad, he is a huge celebrity. Cup champs will always be recognized here, he was just playing to the crowd on a nice summer day. Its not like he was out at 3am getting in fights, driving wildly on tons or drugs getting in hit and runs, or in a tight playoff series vs the leafs. Then we would have problems.

Last edited:

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Brad fan. Don't like to pick on these sorts of things usually, but at 27, this has the feel of a problem. If he finds a way to stay clean (relatively) during the season, meaning it has exactly zero effect on his play, then it's nobody's business but his own.

However, if the overall effect, including hangovers, distractions and general fitness, is a reduction in performance on the ice, then it officially becomes pathetic. He is close to the crossroads point on this kind of behavior. 30 year old dudes dancing shirtless like they invented the concept is embarrassing and indicative of maturity issues.

Also, you Ryder types are not off the hook. Burning during the day almost always makes you sluggish at game time. So, you know, keep an eye out for that.

Blah blah no fun blah blah, the guy plays a sport for a living and makes millions of dollars doing it. If he wants to HARMLESSLY dance on a table go for it. The NHL needs more characters like brad not less. One captain serious is enough.

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
I don't want to sound like a senile old traditionalist, but can you imagine Bobby Orr/Terry O'Reilly/Cam Neely/etc. partying with drunk Montreal fans and after a season where we didn't even make the play-offs no less? What's wrong with this picture?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

You're joking, right?

Dancing on a table in the sunshine, at a beach? In JULY? Everyone deserves some time to have fun, even pro athletes.

FROMSHORETOCHARA

Jul 2, 2009
Uh, oh. I sense a Marchand trade for depth pieces coming on...

U beat me to it, real good player but as a single 20 something he likes to party and girls. Oh the horror! Probably first athlete ever to meet those criteria. Start picking out condos in Dallas brad, we won't have that licentious lifestyle in boston. Hey when is belicheck trading Gronk a noooootorious partier. Oh that's right he isn't, belicheck has a brain.

He is single and 27 and was clearly our 2nd best forward last year. I couldn't care less what he does in his social life, nobodies business.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You're joking, right?

Dancing on a table in the sunshine, at a beach? In JULY? Everyone deserves some time to have fun, even pro athletes.

Well if that is Brad's idea of dancing he shouldn't give up his day/ real job:laugh:

I don't see anything terrible here ? I still want him on my team.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Well if that is Brad's idea of dancing he shouldn't give up his day/ real job:laugh:

I don't see anything terrible here ? I still want him on my team.

Yeah, he's not exactly graceful off the ice. :laugh:

Honestly, the first thing I thought was that he looks in great shape. Second thing - gotta love any person who dances in public like no one is watching. And third thing - I'd say the same thing if it was PK freaking Subban.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad