Brad Marchand dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Tavares went down easy = smart play by him

marchand dove = smart play by him

Not complicated imo. Cant wait for some real fireworks to pop off in this series bc yall are chompin at the bit to talk some shit and I am here for that
True. Probably smart moves but I’m not a fan of it. I know there are no points or goals awarded for honor and integrity, but i still prefer just a little of it in sports. Maybe it’s too idealist of me. Idealist? Idyllic? No idea. You get it

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
toronto is undisciplined. why is bertuzzi going out of his way and making a show of slashing the guy.. just terrible and stupid from bertuzzi, gotta be smarter.. could have been 5-3, i think refs bailed leafs out, by giving coyle a penalty.. coyle pushed, but thats nothing more then a battle in front of the net, whistle goes and he gets punched in the head.. again pretty blatant by lybuskin.

if leafs want to play chippy, they have to be a bit sneakier about it.
They're just so dumb about it - down in the series and up 3-2 late in the game - he decides to track a guy down to slash his leg 30 seconds after the whistle while he's skating away? I mean what good does he think will come it?

Toronto would put themselves in such better position to take the series if they focused on the play between the whistles rather than taking penalty after penalty trying to bait Marchand.

But who knows, maybe he'll take the bait if Boston gets desperate and then we can all read a "how long should Marchand be suspended" thread when he dishes out a little of what he's been taking.

• Haha
Reactions: Metroid

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Tavares got up, of course he did, the play was still going at the time.

Anyway, here, I'll save us all from the equivalent thread and just describe how ridiculous this whole thing is:

A thread..."Tavares went down so easy and he even fell in the wrong direction."

Followed by 100+ posts ragging on Tavares for falling down in the wrong direction

Leaf fans start piping up to show that Tavares did not actually fall in the wrong direction, and they are correct in their assessment.

"But he still fell"

That's it, that's the thread.

Might want to double check the tape on that one. The whistle went immediately.

Some guys feel the need to lay on the ice faking an injury. Others get up without making a scene and score the game tying goal. But good luck with your fictional thread.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
hrEbMa.gif

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Might want to double check the tape on that one. The whistle went immediately.

Some guys feel the need to lay on the ice faking an injury. Others get up without making a scene and score the game tying goal. But good luck with your fictional thread.
You’re comparing two different situations now

Point is the play was long dead by the time Marchand took his fall, no need to get up. Not the case when Tavares took his. End of the day they both went down too easily

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
There was a slash to an unprotected part of the body. He obviously sold it. They could have given him an embellishment, sure. They also gave Coyle a penalty for existing so it all evened out.
Did you miss the slash to Sammy’s face that started it all ?

toronto is undisciplined. why is bertuzzi going out of his way and making a show of slashing the guy.. just terrible and stupid from bertuzzi, gotta be smarter.. could have been 5-3, i think refs bailed leafs out, by giving coyle a penalty.. coyle pushed, but thats nothing more then a battle in front of the net, whistle goes and he gets punched in the head.. again pretty blatant by lybuskin.

Stick to face my guy . That’s a bit more than nothing . I do agree that Toronto does need to be more disciplined as a chance on the pp was in the offing

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
They're just so dumb about it - down in the series and up 3-2 late in the game - he decides to track a guy down to slash his leg 30 seconds after the whistle while he's skating away? I mean what good does he think will come it?

Toronto would put themselves in such better position to take the series if they focused on the play between the whistles rather than taking penalty after penalty trying to bait Marchand.

But who knows, maybe he'll take the bait if Boston gets desperate and then we can all read a "how long should Marchand be suspended" thread when he dishes out a little of what he's been taking.

Yeah as a Toronto fan, nobody on our end should be defending that absolutely moronic play by Bertuzzi. Sure Marchand sold it, but how stupid was that on our part with a 3-2 lead to take a penalty like that.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
All i see is a vicious slash on Marchand... not sure how that Leaf player isnt suspended (along with lybushkin who used a X, X, B, Y combo on Coyle who was midning his own buisness
It wasn’t viscous, but a penalty, but it did get him on the back of the knee, where everyone knows, that basically drops you to your knees, in the right spot.

Reactions: TD Charlie

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan

Convenient that you ignore the initial contact with the goalie on that same play.

Boston has this habit of going at the goalie well after the whistle, and immediately before the scrum, someone clipped the goalies helmet with the stick after the play was dead.

A select few players in the league have a habit of:

Play is blown dead by goalie and ref blows it dead.
Player then makes a lunge at the goalie or into the crease area inviting contact from defenders.
After the clearing contact is made, player accidentally falls onto goalie, or a stick goes up onto the goalie.

Perry, Marchand, Tkachuck are amongst the most prevalent culprits of this little game.

And sometimes the answer to that is that you get clipped in a sensitive area without padding.

That Marchand goes down like a sniper took him out is laughable.

That Boston fans wanted a 5 on 3 for that is pathetic.

Is it not enough to get more power plays already, despite being heavily outplayed at even strength the 2 games?

Get the hell out of here with this shit.

Reactions: HofT

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
True. Probably smart moves but I’m not a fan of it. I know there are no points or goals awarded for honor and integrity, but i still prefer just a little of it in sports. Maybe it’s too idealist of me. Idealist? Idyllic? No idea. You get it

The only two sports I've ever seen an athlete tell an official they were in the wrong are golf and tennis. Kinda strange to me people would cheat in sports when they'd be ashamed of the same behaviour in any other area of life.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
That Boston fans wanted a 5 on 3 for that is pathetic.
Did the zebras call Toronto for two 2 minute minors?

Did they also give Coyle 2 minutes for keeping his pants on?

Unrealistic, given the circumstances? Yeah.

Pathetic? lol

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
All i see is a vicious slash on Marchand... not sure how that Leaf player isnt suspended (along with lybushkin who used a X, X, B, Y combo on Coyle who was midning his own buisness
Incredible that you haven't broken character once in 40K posts and over a decade of posting. That's some serious commitment. My man is the Colby Covington of HF

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Incredible that you haven't broken character once in 40K posts and over a decade of posting. That's some serious commitment. My man is the Colby Covington of HF
Um there was 1 post season, where I joined the leaf fans for a playoff run and I broke char for the first round

Reactions: nofehr

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Marchand getting bullied in every leafs game since that dirty hit on Lilegren. You would think he would stick up for himself

It's the playoffs. Every penalty can be game or even series deciding.

Marchand is a pest and knows how to provoke players.

It would be counterproductive to fall into a trap he set himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad