Brad Marchand dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
The delusional of that fan base continues. He got slashed on the back of left leg/knee area, clear as day. Marchand sells the call, much like how Tavares somehow got bowled over by 5'9 175 pound Matt Grzelcyk.
Yup. Tried having this debate and it went nowhere. Hahah
See what you wanna see I guess.
One may have been a better dive, but both were embellishment

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yes, grabbing the wrong leg is a pathetic move. He certainly won’t be getting any calls now going in his favour. Just when you thought you could not dislike a player more.
It would be a pathetic move, I agree. It just didn’t happen.

The delusional of that fan base continues. He got slashed on the back of left leg/knee area, clear as day. Marchand sells the call, much like how Tavares somehow got bowled over by 5'9 175 pound Matt Grzelcyk.
But the thread title says so!

It’s silly

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Lol. This thread is hilarious. Yes it was a dive, yes it was a slash, it’s not that big a deal.

Their fanbase is giddy because they eeked out a win for the first time this year against the Bruins and clearly still drunk enough to make dumb threads like this one.

• Haha
Reactions: Metroid

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Half the players on every team would have taken a knee there

The stupidity is Bertuzzi doing exactly what Brad wanted him to

Leafs got lucky Coyle kept egging and engaging or else it was going to be a 5-3

Reactions: MD93

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Their fanbase is giddy because they eeked out a win for the first time this year against the Bruins and clearly still drunk enough to make dumb threads like this one.

I don't get these comments. Are fans not allowed to be happy they won? Were you in the series thread after game 1 when it felt like every poster on the site was dunking on the Leafs saying to calm down?

Let fans have fun

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Is this your captain ?

1713884917343.png

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Lol. This thread is hilarious. Yes it was a dive, yes it was a slash, it’s not that big a deal.
It's a horrible look for a captain, especially the captain of an original 6 franchise. It seems like the rest of the Bruins are following his lead, lots of diving, whining and crying through 2 games. Guys snapping their heads back if someone gets too close, guys taking leaps if someones stick checking. He's a big reason why their franchise went from excellence into whatever this clown show is now. Bergeron and Chara were loved and respected league wide, this guy has made a mockery out of the franchise, not a leader and it's straight up pathetic for the captain of a team to be behaving that way, especially in the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: MD93 and PB37

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's a horrible look for a captain, especially the captain of an original 6 franchise. It seems like the rest of the Bruins are following his lead, lots of diving, whining and crying through 2 games. Guys snapping their heads back if someone gets too close, guys taking leaps if someones stick checking. He's a big reason why their franchise went from excellence into whatever this clown show is now. Bergeron and Chara were loved and respected league wide, this guy has made a mockery out of the franchise, not a leader and it's straight up pathetic for the captain of a team to be behaving that way, especially in the playoffs.
Any insight on the Tavares flop last night? You know, cuz captains never do such a thing and all.

Marchand tried to sell a slash to calf. Yes. That happened.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
How did Coyle get a penalty on that scrum.

That’s the ridiculous part- I love how the refs kinda got it right, but in the wrong way. Love Boosh, but that was dumb and shoulda been the only penalty. Or they coulda taken Marchand and Bertuzzi both. Coyle didn’t do shit besides antagonize Boosh, but the end result is pretty fair, so f*** it. That’s the best we can hope for from refs, really.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Post a link ? Not sure I saw a flop ?
Grzelcyk interference penalty. I think it was late in the 2nd period. Frail and feeble Grzelcyk, weighing 185 soaking wet, nudged ol JT in the back and Tavares goes down like he has a 5 ton elephant on his back. You didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. You didn't see anything behind the scenes to be able to have an opinion on the Bruins leadership either but you still pulled that juicy take out your ass.

Reactions: Neil Racki

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I’m a Toronto fan but Boston is plenty good ..

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
Disappointing numbers. If this was Kadri or Bunting during their time on the Leafs I think the thread would be pushing 20 pages by now with every fanbase coming together in unison to agree that they should be banned from hockey for such pathetic play.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Any insight on the Tavares flop last night? You know, cuz captains never do such a thing and all.

Marchand tried to sell a slash to calf. Yes. That happened.
You really trying to compare captain “class”?

Marchand is a slimy rat. Always has been, always will be. Great player but he’ll be remembered as an asshole by everyone except bruins fans.

That’s the guy wearing the C for your bruins

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Grzelcyk interference penalty. I think it was late in the 2nd period. Frail and feeble Grzelcyk, weighing 185 soaking wet, nudged ol JT in the back and Tavares goes down like he has a 5 ton elephant on his back. You didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. You didn't see anything behind the scenes to be able to have an opinion on the Bruins leadership either but you still pulled that juicy take out your ass.
I'm not saying it didn't happen, just asking for a clip, so I can at least watch it and respond to your question.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
That’s the ridiculous part- I love how the refs kinda got it right, but in the wrong way. Love Boosh, but that was dumb and shoulda been the only penalty. Or they coulda taken Marchand and Bertuzzi both. Coyle didn’t do shit besides antagonize Boosh, but the end result is pretty fair, so f*** it. That’s the best we can hope for from refs, really.
He hit Samsonov in the head w his stick …Coyle literally was the first domino . Bush and Bertuzzi were reacting to it . Now should they have kept their shit under control ? Of course but neither are known as brain surgeons league wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad