Brad Boyes back in Boston?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete63

Jun 26, 2014
A lot of fans here think about adding big UFA pieces to the team tomorrow and I think it would be a mistake to try to get the big names of this year crop. Bruins should go after Brad Boyes and offer him a cheap contract and bring him back to Boston to play with Bergeron and Marchand. This guy is a natural goal scorer and he could really help in shootouts , one aspect of the game that probably cost us the playoffs.

Not a really sexy option when you think about it but it would be cheap to add him on the roster for a year. His two last seasons weren't that good but he played with one of the worst offense in the league the Florida Panhers. He scored 14 goals last year and 21 the year before so he's still good to get at least 25 if playing a decent amount of minutes and get a little bit of power play time. In 05-06 he had an excellent chemistry with Bergeron. If I got to take a chance on a veteran for this year I guess i would roll the dice on him.....

Do you think it could help us win while waiting for the prospects development to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad