Value of: Bozak to Wild

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
What would it take to get Bozak and his $5M cap hit to Minnesota in the offseason?

The Blues are desperate to make room for Pietrangelo's new contract.
The Wild have plenty of cap space. The UFA crop of centers is pretty bad. I don't think the Wild would prefer to use their cap space on Bozak, but if no better alternatives arise on the trade market do they take Bozak with a sweetener?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You might be able to talk Minnesota into taking Allen. No f***ing chance on Bozak

Chubbinz

Nov 1, 2016
A 3rd round pick or if you need to exchange a contract for a contract then a swap for an AHLer that might be worth a call up if some injuries start to pile up.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Minnesota doesn't seem like the team to be trying to make this sort of deal with.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If your 4th line players are putting up 10-15 goals and 35-40 points you are in pretty good shape. Bozak is more than a 4th line scrub.

Well our issue is that we have Eriksson Ek playing the third line role, and given their overall games, that's not likely to change, and right now Galchenyuk is the second line center, and you can make a case for Bozak playing above him, or for Galchenyuk not even being here next season, but they're pretty on par with each other, but I would venture to guess that Galchenyuk has the higher ceiling moving forward. And as it is we're trying to get an upgrade on Galchenyuk anyway.

It's not that Bozak is a 4th line scrub, it's just that he'll either be the 2nd line center or the 4th line center here, and there isn't a single person in the world that would want him as the 2nd line center.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Well our issue is that we have Eriksson Ek playing the third line role, and given their overall games, that's not likely to change, and right now Galchenyuk is the second line center, and you can make a case for Bozak playing above him, or for Galchenyuk not even being here next season, but they're pretty on par with each other, but I would venture to guess that Galchenyuk has the higher ceiling moving forward. And as it is we're trying to get an upgrade on Galchenyuk anyway.

It's not that Bozak is a 4th line scrub, it's just that he'll either be the 2nd line center or the 4th line center here, and there isn't a single person in the world that would want him as the 2nd line center.
I understand. I thought you were saying that Bozak's talent level is that of a 4th line player. FWIW, Bozak actually was moved to wing so that Thomas could play center for a lot of this season and he looked very comfortable on wing. One thing about Bozak though is the guy has been a monster on the dot. Very key on PKs.

Reactions: TK 421

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If your 4th line players are putting up 10-15 goals and 35-40 points you are in pretty good shape. Bozak is more than a 4th line scrub.

What he said

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Pateryn or a 50% retained Dubnyk is all I'd give up, and that would be after looking into a significant number of other options. I am fine with Bozak(assuming the cost is ~3M cap as the ~2M we're sending back is worthless) if our other centers are Staal, Eriksson Ek, Sturm, and Rask, but one addition and he's not needed.

As previously mentioned, Allen might be more appealing of a dump. He's higher on my goalie options than Bozak is at center.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
It would probably take Alexandrov, maybe their 2020 1st. Maybe slightly more. Look at the Marleau trade as an example.

Maybe if Bozak said he wasn’t going to play for the wild, and it was a pure buy out. But since he has a limited no trade he can’t force our hands as much as Marleu could on the Leafs.

if it costs a first to move Bozak, what’s the cost to move Steen? 2 firsts, haha?

Reactions: The Podium and qqaz

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe if Bozak said he wasn’t going to play for the wild, and it was a pure buy out. But since he has a limited no trade he can’t force our hands as much as Marleu could on the Leafs.

if it costs a first to move Bozak, what’s the cost to move Steen? 2 firsts, haha?

I wouldn't recommend trying to pay someone to take Steen. I would either eat for another year that or buy him out.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I wouldn't recommend trying to pay someone to take Steen. I would either eat for another year that or buy him out.
Steen has a full NTC. The only way he is traded is if he agrees to some sort of trade --> buyout --> re-sign arrangement like Orpik.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild need a legit top 6 C, not a Bozak. We've got mediocre bottom six guys, and we sure as hell don't need to be paying 5M/yr for one. If Galchenyuk isn't resigned, Rask is bought out, and Koivu retires then taking on Bozak's salary for a late first can be discussed, but I can't see it being much of a win for MN. Remember the first is going to be very late, in the 28-31 range. I also don't think the Wild are going to be doing a Central rival any favors so they can re-sign Petro.

As is, we've got an overpaid bottom six C in Rask, Koivu might come back, Galchenyuk might be re-signed on an inexpensive "prove it" deal, and Sturm looks like a good bet as a #4C, and on a sub 1M deal to boot.

Bozak isn't a crap player, but he is overpaid, and wouldn't add anything to our team but depth at a position where we have less expensive options.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I would personally drive Bozak to Minnesota and drop him off at no charge. And the Blues or me wouldn’t ask Anything in return. Bozak is a good 3C, we just need the cap space more than we need him.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I would personally drive Bozak to Minnesota and drop him off at no charge. And the Blues or me wouldn’t ask Anything in return. Bozak is a good 3C, we just need the cap space more than we need him.
As I said in my OP, we are definitely gonna need a sweetener. Bozak isn't worth $5M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad