Boys In Blue Video

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Awesome video, just what we need to forget the pre-season and get ready for what matters.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Fantastic. Thank you. I could watch this all day.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
great video.... definitely miss gabby. would be awesome to still have him with a coach that would use him.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I know you are generalizing my post... and that's fine, but if you honestly think he was used to his potential then you are not worth responding to.

His numbers show it. He had his best seasons playing for Torts (in terms of points and goals). Gaborik played disinterested last year. That's not on the coach.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I know you are generalizing my post... and that's fine, but if you honestly think he was used to his potential then you are not worth responding to.

Why would you use a player who clearly didn't want to be there to their "full potential". I don't care how talented guy is, if I need a goal badly I am putting out the guy who wants it.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
His numbers show it. He had his best seasons playing for Torts (in terms of points and goals). Gaborik played disinterested last year. That's not on the coach.

yet none of that has anything to do with what i posted.... hmm

I like torts. I like his system and his style. I don't blame him for the troubles we had last year.

I also like AV. I like his system and desire. I don't blame him for the troubles vancouver had last year.

Overall i am thankful we let one top teir coach go for another.

As far as Gabby goes... He had his best years under torts during the best years of his career physically. He has never been overly strong two way player. He is magical at getting a stick on a puck going across the point and knocking into center ice, turning the jets on, and making a goal have a horrible night. Other then that he is really just pure offense. Yet he was playing in a defense first system. Still need offense in that system but clearly its not built to Gabby's strong suits. Then inside a defensive system depth wasnt resigned or traded away leaving Gabby way to far outside his comfort zone. Now if we had an overly offensive system and had depth issue you still think that would have effected Gabby the same as a defense system with depth issue? Be logical... I know this is the internet but this isnt rocket science.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Yet he was playing in a defense first system. Still need offense in that system but clearly its not built to Gabby's strong suits. Then inside a defensive system depth wasnt resigned or traded away leaving Gabby way to far outside his comfort zone. Now if we had an overly offensive system and had depth issue you still think that would have effected Gabby the same as a defense system with depth issue? Be logical... I know this is the internet but this isnt rocket science.

I don't know. You're dealing with a ton of hypotheticals. I do know what he did under Torts and that's have his most productive seasons — misused or not.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I don't know. You're dealing with a ton of hypotheticals. I do know what he did under Torts and that's have his most productive seasons — misused or not.

you are residing to belief that quality of a season is solely based on numbers. If thats the case Richards was the third best Rangers last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad