News Article: Boynton to return as radio color analyst.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Let's give Boynton a second chance, shall we? He was by far the most objective of the broadcast team and didn't sugar coat the team's failures like Lapinski did. I got real tired of listening to Lapinski wax poetic on how the victorious opponent had all the advantages so don't hold it against the Coyotes routine. For the first time in years, I didn't listen to the complete post game show on the drive home.

Also, Boynton didn't shake Doan's member for him while in the stall like Nash did.

He's getting his second chance.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=769265

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Thank God, just because that's all the less airtime I'm forced to hear anyone in the clown brigade speak (i.e., Tyson, McConnell, Heethouse, Lapinski, etc.)

This. He's the most objective of any of the broadcasters by far. He never sounds like a Quisling.

Social media acts like a perpetual motion machine provoking increasing stridency, anger and righteousness. I'm glad that the Coyotes didn't do the easy thing and wash their hands of him. I hope both employees and players take note of this.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Boynton and Heeter should simulcast. One crew for both TV and radio. Nash can have Walsh's job.

I'd take Heeter for PBP, Boynton for Color and Nash for Host.

McConnell, Walsh and Lapinski can kick rocks.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Boynton and Heeter should simulcast. One crew for both TV and radio. Nash can have Walsh's job.

I'd take Heeter for PBP, Boynton for Color and Nash for Host.

McConnell, Walsh and Lapinski can kick rocks.

Agree with all of that. Heethuis is an old pro. When I hear him call a game, I know what's going on, you know, where the puck is and who has it, in contrast with the unintelligible gibberish of his predecessor from Winnipeg.

I may be biased since he's from my home town. His intonation when a goal is scored is an impersonation of the great Bruce Martyn, who announced for the Red Wings when they were terrible throughout the 70's.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Do casual fans like Walsh and Nash? Especially the former. Anecdotal, but I don't personally know someone that does.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Do casual fans like Walsh and Nash? Especially the former. Anecdotal, but I don't personally know someone that does.

My friends who are dbacks and suns fans both hate walsh with a passion. I also don't know anyone who thinks he's ok even. it's always oh he's awful.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I know people who like Nash, but nobody I know likes Walsh.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I wouldn't say best, but one of the best for sure. Most of the Canadian teams have good PBP guys.

I've heard em all and I'd rank strader as the best. Then again I mute almost all announcers anyway so my opinion is probably not the norm. I think I like strades because he's straight to the point and not annoying.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
It was bad enough when we lost Strader as the PBP guy, but when you take into account who replaced him, it hurts oh so much more.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I've heard em all and I'd rank strader as the best. Then again I mute almost all announcers anyway so my opinion is probably not the norm. I think I like strades because he's straight to the point and not annoying.

I would put Doc ahead of Strader, but that is just my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad