Confirmed with Link: Boyle to the Preds for 2019 2nd rounder

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Yeah, Shero watched last night's game and was like I am pulling the plug on this year.

Too bad, I really like Boyle and I hope he comes back. He was one of our best FA signings in recent history.

Reactions: SYWTom and Dialamo

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
you guys are a tough crowd. you get upset when we trade away a 2nd round pick (not even mentioning grabner) but when we trade for one back its a horrible deal? boyle is trash

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
I would think we could get a first for him. Maybe a first + a Prospect

No way lol. Teams are so afraid of giving firsts

But there also is nothing that would warrant giving a first out for Johanssen. I really don't think any playoff teams want him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
you guys are a tough crowd. you get upset when we trade away a 2nd round pick (not even mentioning grabner) but when we trade for one back its a horrible deal? boyle is trash

Agreed right up until the last sentence. NHL GM’s don’t think Boyle is ‘trash’ judging by his deadline returns and good teams wanting him.

Reactions: glenwo2

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i wasn't upset that we used a second for grabner i thought it was a good trade to make at the time. im just surprised that to pull the trade this early before the deadline and with the number of teams still competing (virtually every team in the west) we couldn't milk a 2nd+project prospect or higher 2nd rounder. but it's fine

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Enjoyed having him on the team. Great guy and still a pretty decent player. Wish him all the best and a cup with the Preds!

Reactions: glenwo2

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
we could theoretically sneak back into the 1st round with our (2) 2nds.

i don’t understand how that doesn’t happen more. we get a 7th for whoever, trade our 2 7ths for a 6. then our two 6’s for a fifth, our two 5ths for a 4th, on and on until GM’s stop taking our calls

Reactions: ThePrideofStockholm

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Agreed right up until the last sentence. NHL GM’s don’t think Boyle is ‘trash’ judging by his deadline returns and good teams wanting him.

i'm not saying hes trash. that he doesn't have use he does and double so for a playoff team. hes just trash that he isn't going to be a top 6 players thus limiting his trade value.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
he wasn't really taking faceoffs though, but it's pretty clear the team is intent on losing a lot more than its snarl, faceoffs and leadership!

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i don’t understand how that doesn’t happen more. we get a 7th for whoever, trade our 2 7ths for a 6. then our two 6’s for a fifth, our two 5ths for a 4th, on and on until GM’s stop taking our calls
because then you keep losing quantity, and you miss on potential hits like bratt or (forgive me) lundqvists

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
great trade.. boiler...is a good dude and a solid hockey player.. go Nashville !!.. losing Boyle is gonna make us even worse but thats ok.. he was an important player here

Reactions: OmNomNom

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I will be happy if we can get another 2nd round pick for Johansson (nothing against the guy but I don’t want to re-sign him) and perhaps a 3rd & 4th for the pair of Kinkaid & Lovejoy.

Having some extra picks to maneuver with would be ideal.

Reactions: liquid1988

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I will be happy if we can get another 2nd round pick for Johansson (nothing against the guy but I don’t want to re-sign him) and perhaps a 3rd & 4th for the pair of Kinkaid & Lovejoy.

i'm on the fence with mojo but i rather have him then the 2nd. mostly because whoever they bring in to replace him is going to suck. if the objective here is to rebuild for longer? then sure by all means trade him. if they want to be competitive next year you have to keep him

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

If we cannot find a good deal for him I wouldn’t mimd re-signing him at a decent contract. He hasn’t been as bad as everyone likes to think. If he avoided those injuries he would be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad