Boyd Gordon appreciation thread

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Sniper beat me to the punch, came to post that video. best of luck to Gordon.

Should we start a "thanks for trying" thread for Barbs?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I think all of us were going to post that video.

He is a warrior, thanks for your hard work and sacrifice Boyd, good luck in EDM.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I was just looking up some more stuff from that game, totally forgot Boyd scored in that game too. Such a great game, might be the best I've ever been too.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I'll never forget what a hard-worker Boyd was. I'll also never forget him making us all wince when he took that puck right in the stones against Columbus.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Thanks for everything, Boyd.

Going to miss his tireless, aggressive forechecking, faceoff wins, fabulous penalty killing and outstanding work rate.

Good luck to him in Edmonton.
Ditto.

I loved having Boyd (avy check). Seeing his line with Moss and Klink become our best, in a manner of speaking, was a joy to watch solely because I saw it as a reward for his efforts (a reward he wasn't getting by seeing his pucks go in the net).

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Great role player that we all cringed when he was first signed. Exceeded expectations and developed into an elite face off/penalty killing forward. He earned a payday. Shocked at the amount but easily understand his leaving and Maloney's decision to pass.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He's great, we just couldn't pay that. We went through this with Fiddler, too. GMDM will find someone younger and cheaper who fills the same role, right?

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
Yeah, Gordon is awesome and I'll really miss him. I've called him the best dedicated 4C in the entire league and I still stand by that; if the Oilers make the playoffs it'll be because of him and Ference making sure their bottom six ain't **** for once.

He is the ideal I use when I play floorball(look it up). Blocking shots, forechecking, digging in the corner and, well, being a black hole in the offense. :D Can't faceoff for **** though.

KG

Sep 23, 2010

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Gonna miss you Boyd. Thanks for all the ass busting you did the past few seasons.

DirtDogMesa

STH Sec 208 Row A
Oct 10, 2011
Mesa
Bummer Bummer Bummer, had to go all Herman Munster on this outcome. Loved his game, always felt comfortable on PK's and FO's when he was on the. Yotes went from bottom 5 to top 5 in PK% his first year. I wish him well, go get'em El-Gordo!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad