Injury Report: Boychuk

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I'm missing the big deal. Pelech looked like a more than decent NHLer before his Thoracic Outlet Syndrome issue, and he should be back to 100%. That's not something that nags players. You have surgery to correct it, and it generally works out. The Islanders haven't been obsessive like Mike Babcock about L/R defensemen, and they've done fine with it.

You now have Mayfield as your number 7 defenseman.

I love it. You now have fans saying they should've re-signed Brian Strait. It's so Islanders.

Holy can't take joke Batman. BAAM! BOOM. WHACK!
I think I can accurately say that #37 should never wear our sweater again except down the road
at alumni events.After all he is in the top 50 for isles D man games played in a career.
Mayfield and Pelech are fine. Probably see them as our 3rd pair this coming year for a stretch of games.
How about this. If Boychuk can not start the year then I put Pelech on 3rd pair and keep
Mayfield as #7. This is how I see it if Mayfields progression is slower than we need..
Of course Boychuk will be ready and will play 70 games please

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Holy can't take joke Batman. BAAM! BOOM. WHACK!
I think I can accurately say that #37 should never wear our sweater again except down the road
at alumni events.After all he is in the top 50 for isles D man games played in a career.
Mayfield and Pelech are fine. Probably see them as our 3rd pair this coming year for a stretch of games.
How about this. If Boychuk can not start the year then I put Pelech on 3rd pair and keep
Mayfield as #7.
This is how I see it if Mayfields progression is slower than we need..
Of course Boychuk will be ready and will play 70 games please

i am with you on this. i think we need Mayfield's toughness more, but i have Pelech slightly ahead of him. read somewhere that Pelech played on the right side (he is LH'd), and that will definitely help his plight. we can only hope that he achieves the level of versatility that Bailey has achieved... :D :popcorn:

1calledsteve

Dec 17, 2013
Long Island
I think most people are sarcastic about Strait.

Trying to look at the positives this allows us to see how Pulock handles top 4 duties. Time to sink or swim.

On the flip side we are now thin on defensive depth. Granted Pelech and Mayfield have been good in limited time, but if someone else gets injured we really have no quality bodies in Bridgeport

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008

Those are in chronological order. I think people are starving for hockey news, and therefore speculating hard on very limited information. We'll see how it plays out.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
A few more:

Definitely something there, but way too cryptic to know how serious or what this means.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
I'm missing the big deal. Pelech looked like a more than decent NHLer before his Thoracic Outlet Syndrome issue, and he should be back to 100%. That's not something that nags players. You have surgery to correct it, and it generally works out. The Islanders haven't been obsessive like Mike Babcock about L/R defensemen, and they've done fine with it.

You now have Mayfield as your number 7 defenseman.

I love it. You now have fans saying they should've re-signed Brian Strait. It's so Islanders.

OT, but didn't Babcock play Rielly at RD for large chunks of last season despite being LH?

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
OT, but didn't Babcock play Rielly at RD for large chunks of last season despite being LH?

They don't really have a lot of RHD's, so Babcock didn't really have a choice.

IIRC, he only had Rafalski when Detroit won the Cup in 2008. Pretty sure their defense was:

Lidstrom-Rafalski
Kronwall-Stuart
Lebda-Lilja

And they never really got a RHD in his entire time there.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
i am with you on this. i think we need Mayfield's toughness more, but i have Pelech slightly ahead of him. read somewhere that Pelech played on the right side (he is LH'd), and that will definitely help his plight. we can only hope that he achieves the level of versatility that Bailey has achieved... :D :popcorn:

So, he's a warrior?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad