Proposal: boychuk + komarov + a future to detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Okay, which teams is Detroit better than with Barzal?

Tampa Bay? Nope.
Boston? Nope.
Toronto? Nope.
Buffalo? Nope.
Florida? Nope.
Montreal? Not likely.

You have some nice prospects, but the idea that they're going to go light the world on fire right away is wishful thinking.

The Red Wings still have a long way to go, and if you can't see that a 45 point team isn't just one center (and a few depth UFA signings and a Marc Staal trade) away, your kool aid goggles must be bigger than I initially imagined.

No need to reply, I don't want to waste any more time arguing with a homer.

Not nearly as long as Detroit haters are hoping which is good, I can’t wait to squash some of the more egotistical teams

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
But, but, but the Isles are screwed with the cap! Freaking Lou! :laugh:

I mean you got pretty lucky with Boychuk suffering an eye injury right before shutdown. But it's still pretty shady since he publicly stated he was fine soon afterwards and it wouldn't prevent him from playing and since then played in several playoff games just a few months ago. Sure is convenient that just a couple months later he can't play anymore all of a sudden given Isles cap issues.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I mean you got pretty lucky with Boychuk suffering an eye injury right before shutdown. But it's still pretty shady since he publicly stated he was fine soon afterwards and it wouldn't prevent him from playing and since then played in several playoff games just a few months ago. Sure is convenient that just a couple months later he can't play anymore all of a sudden given Isles cap issues.

Boychuk only played one game after the injury. While in theory given his injury he could play, not having 100% vision and playing a high impact sport can be dangerous.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Thinking that a pro-athlete would retire because his team has cap issue is mindbogglingly hilarious.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If the Islanders could in theory somehow get Ladd to LITR, I wonder if any team would be willing to pick up Boychuks contract for like a 4th(a 2nd if that 5.25M left he has to be paid isn't covered under insurance)

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Keep dreaming If yzerman got a second to take on the last year of stall he’ll be getting a first ++ for taking on those two . Two years of nine million in cap gone for what . Maybe you could explain to me what a future is that would get this deal done .
Yeah. Fortunately for the Isles cap situation,Boychuk's retirement/LTIR frees up another $6m.

Reactions: glenbuis

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY

He played one playoff game, got knocked out because he’s apparently lost some peripheral vision from the injury, and came back like a boss trying to help the team at the end of the playoffs.

I don’t blame the guy for feeling he can’t play, if he’s risking getting concussed left and right cause he can’t see guys coming.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Lets assume it's not Boychuk's choice but say Lou Lamoriello gave him a ticket to Robidas island. I mean, it's also happened to Joffrey Lupul so I wouldn't be surprised.
Boychuk is quoted saying that this is a life choice decision,that he has trouble seeing out the injured eye.

At 35/36 yrs old and with a family,he is putting his health above hanging on for 1-2 more seasons.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Boychuk is quoted saying that this is a life choice decision,that he has trouble seeing out the injured eye.

At 35/36 yrs old and with a family,he is putting his health above hanging on for 1-2 more seasons.
Yea, I read more into it and deleted my post.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Lou is not some Mafia Don. He is injured.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
But it's still pretty shady since he publicly stated he was fine soon afterwards and it wouldn't prevent him from playing and since then played in several playoff games just a few months ago. Sure is convenient that just a couple months later he can't play anymore all of a sudden given Isles cap issues.

Are you serious with this?

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad