Injury Report: Boychuck out 3-4 weeks

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
This hurts but what can you do. Hopefully Hickey can step up. He worrries me though especially if they play the Caps

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm hoping it was 3-4 from when the series ended, not from today. We could get him back if we're able to advance again.

Reactions: Islander Class

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'm hoping it was 3-4 from when the series ended, not from today. We could get him back if we're able to advance again.

If they advance he’s back in the next series almost for sure. This series remote because we have to assume he suffered some sort of minor break. You can’t really return early off a broken bone unless it’s more in the hand or fingers

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
If they advance he’s back in the next series almost for sure. This series remote because we have to assume he suffered some sort of minor break. You can’t really return early off a broken bone unless it’s more in the hand or fingers

A player can come back from a broken bone if surgery is done with plates which accelerates the return time line. Round 3 is very realistic.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
At least they know with time prior to the start of round 2. Trotz can have varying parings work together and limit Hickey to every third or fourth shift.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
At least they know with time prior to the start of round 2. Trotz can have varying parings work together and limit Hickey to every third or fourth shift.

Hickey will be fine against Carolina’s lousy offense. I can’t see him being remotely effective though against the Caps. Oshie being out helps but as I said I don’t love the Isles chances against the Caps anyway. It’s also no lock Oshie is out next series. The Caps have been known to overblow injuries to get opponents suspended so don’t be shocked if he’s in there come next Friday

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Ugh - that's not good. We've got depth on the blue line though. Hickey isn't ideal but he's better than most #7 Dmen. He's been in this situation before and we have a week of practice to get the pairings down. Its the playoffs - can't really cry that we lost a guy as every team is in the same situation one way or another.

Would love to see Hickey go after Wilson again if that comes to pass. That would be fun.

Reactions: SI

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Hickey will be fine against Carolina’s lousy offense. I can’t see him being remotely effective though against the Caps. Oshie being out helps but as I said I don’t love the Isles chances against the Caps anyway. It’s also no lock Oshie is out next series. The Caps have been known to overblow injuries to get opponents suspended so don’t be shocked if he’s in there come next Friday

Common....is that really a thing?

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
Losing Boychuk is a blow, now way to sugar coat it. But Thomas Hickey is a solid fill in. Those who think he is somehow helpless or is not an NHL calibre defender is not being fair. He plays bigger then his frame at times, and can be effective. He won't have the physical presence of Boychuk or the point shot, but he is capable to be sure. I believe he is a far better option then Seidenberg at this juncture, and I believe his skating is stronger then Sbisa's which will be needed against either WSH or CAR.

bringing up anyone else (Aho) makes zero sense. The Isles will be fine. They are tough and resilient. Lets not pretend that we just got eliminated because one player went down to injury — even one as important as 55. Lets hope Pelech, Mayfield and Clutterbuck heal their knocks.

Isles will be fine!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad