NCAA: Bowl Season 2021-22: The most wonderful time of the year

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
People crying that an injury might be career altering in a bowl game is seriously hilarious to me. That same energy isn't held in any other injury in any other game in a players draft season, all of a sudden when it comes to a bowl game though these players need to be coddled and protected. Skipping is till a really chicken shit move. Hate seeing people hurt of course but the "See!!!!! This is why players opt out!!!!!!!" after every bowl game injury is just nauseatingly annoying

Ja'Marr Chase and Caleb Farley opted out of the entire season last year because of it

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Matt Corral walking around on crutches by the way

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
They opted out because they didn't want covid to affect their draft status, and said as much
Ja'Marr Chase also said he opted out because he thinks opting out before the season ends is a stupid thing to do, which is line with what I was saying. I'm not really sure what point you tried to make with using that as your response to me, it's not even close to being comparable.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ja'Marr Chase also said he opted out because he thinks opting out before the season ends is a stupid thing to do, which is line with what I was saying. I'm not really sure what point you tried to make with using that as your response to me, it's not even close to being comparable.

The point is that it's all about #1 and they shouldn't be judged for making a decision on their future. Especially when it's objectively correct.

Reactions: Krieger Bot

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The point is that it's all about #1 and they shouldn't be judged for making a decision on their future. Especially when it's objectively correct.
There's absolutely nothing objective about it lol. And what exactly makes them exempt from criticism?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There's absolutely nothing objective about it lol. And what exactly makes them exempt from criticism?

Making proper, educated, adult decisions on your future is a pre-requiste for being a responsible adult. Every parent knows this, and I'm not even one of them.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It's unfortunate but I love that Corral decided to play. And silver lining is that his injury might cause him to slip to a team that knows what they're actually doing. But I'd still pick him pretty high. Franchise QB potential.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Baylor looks to have this put away with a 21-7 lead. 12-win season for Baylor. Impressive season for Dave Aranda.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Next year I wonder what happens here. New Year's Day will be Sunday, so it will be NFL, but it won't be the final week of the season, so they will have Monday Night Football. The college football playoff will be Fiesta Bowl and Peach Bowl so that will still be New Year's Eve. The holiday will be January 2, so that will be when they play the same games we saw today. So do they not play MNF? Do they do it on Friday? Do they move the playoff games up in the afternoon and do it Saturday night? Do they just play the Sugar Bowl on another night? Would the Winter Classic go up against the NFL?
Probably no MNF, with ESPN taking a Christmas Day game to replace it.

1st Christmas game this year was part of the TNF package, so pretty similar.

So you have:
12/24:
- Afternoon: Main CBS/FOX windows
- Night: NFL Network exclusive game

12/25:
- Late afternoon: ESPN/ABC
- Night: SNF as normal

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Probably no MNF, with ESPN taking a Christmas Day game to replace it.

1st Christmas game this year was part of the TNF package, so pretty similar.

So you have:
12/24:
- Afternoon: Main CBS/FOX windows
- Night: NFL Network exclusive game

12/25:
- Late afternoon: ESPN/ABC
- Night: SNF as normal
That wouldn’t affect ESPN because Christmas is on Sunday. Last time Christmas was on Sunday, NBC took the Saturday spot and they left Christmas to NFL Network.

Reactions: John Price

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
That wouldn’t affect ESPN because Christmas is on Sunday. Last time Christmas was on Sunday, NBC took the Saturday spot and they left Christmas to NFL Network.
I forgot the NBA exists. So flip Saturday night, that can be the ESPN/ABC game and Sunday early the NFLN game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I forgot the NBA exists. So flip Saturday night, that can be the ESPN/ABC game and Sunday early the NFLN game.
NBC is still going to want the Saturday night slot I think? The one thing is that Monday will be the holiday, which back in the olden days they used when they didn’t want to run Christmas at all.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I think either way there won't be MNF on 1/2. They'll find a way to give ESPN another game, whether it be an extra doubleheader, a Christmas Eve game, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad